Is 14 units too much for the HSC? (2 Viewers)

kpq_sniper017

neo_o said:
Macroeconomics isn't particulary difficult. Neither is microeconomics come to think about it :)

But looking at your sig, if your aiming for 99+ in all honesty it'd probably be a good move dropping general maths, since it scales so badly and most likely you wouldn't need to count it if you do solidly in your other subjects.

Oh, and pick up EE2, it's a great subject :) Just remember that time management is important...I'm very behind on my major works heh.
;)

ur getting us two (kaylz and me) mixed up i think. kaylz was actually the one who posted about doing 14 units/dropping subjects etc originally. i kinda took the thread off topic a bit by asking about economics etc....but kaylz is the one asking about possibly dropping a subject such as gen. maths....not me.

blondynka

lol 14 units isnt bad, im doing 16 units already and im in year11 too!!!! aaahh! and mine arent the easiest either.. 3u maths, 3u english, chem, phys, eco, tvet accounting and polish. eek. i'd recommend you drop 2 units of something; thats what im deciding on doing now! if i drop 3u english im down to 15. then if i drop eco its 13.. and polish then its 11!!!! hehe. im just confused now whether i should do 11 or 13 units.. aaaanyways stil got a year to go and think about it :) well a bit less than that okay.

kpq_sniper017

blondynka said:
lol 14 units isnt bad, im doing 16 units already and im in year11 too!!!! aaahh! and mine arent the easiest either.. 3u maths, 3u english, chem, phys, eco, tvet accounting and polish. eek. i'd recommend you drop 2 units of something; thats what im deciding on doing now! if i drop 3u english im down to 15. then if i drop eco its 13.. and polish then its 11!!!! hehe. im just confused now whether i should do 11 or 13 units.. aaaanyways stil got a year to go and think about it :) well a bit less than that okay.
wow.
that's gotta take the honour of the most units (as far as i know).
any particular reason y ur taking so many? the workload must be pretty big. i've already got a fair pile of holiday homework for my 13 units (see sig.) :)

blondynka

pcx_demolition017 said:
wow.
that's gotta take the honour of the most units (as far as i know).
any particular reason y ur taking so many? the workload must be pretty big. i've already got a fair pile of holiday homework for my 13 units (see sig.) :)
the workload IS pretty big, and thats whats contributing to my rising stress levels :S theres not really any particular reason why im doing so many.. well im continuing with polish which i've been doing for years now, and i really wanted to do tvet accounting. guess i didnt expect the consequences of doing so many units. now what im trying to do is get rid of as many as i can lol!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Just remember it isn't really scaling that counts, but you actual ability. If you ace Polish, then keep it, regardless of scaling.

afta???

HSC
well i really want to do 13 units nxt yr for the hsc n within two weeks of expressing this idea last term...tons of friends n teachers had asked me the same question repeatedly...

WHAT'S THE POINT??

it was so hard findin some1 in my grade who shares the same view with me
(Julia u rock...keep those units!!!)

nywayz...i truly believe if i enjoy doin all those subjects then i don't mind the workload n whether they count for my uai :)

kpq_sniper017

blondynka said:
the workload IS pretty big, and thats whats contributing to my rising stress levels :S theres not really any particular reason why im doing so many.. well im continuing with polish which i've been doing for years now, and i really wanted to do tvet accounting. guess i didnt expect the consequences of doing so many units. now what im trying to do is get rid of as many as i can lol!
if u found that u dropped ur units to 11, then u could always do polish extension (if it's offered....i'm not too sure if there is an ext. for polish) and make that 12. if ur good at it then i say, y not?

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
afta??? said:
well i really want to do 13 units nxt yr for the hsc n within two weeks of expressing this idea last term...tons of friends n teachers had asked me the same question repeatedly...

WHAT'S THE POINT??

it was so hard findin some1 in my grade who shares the same view with me
(Julia u rock...keep those units!!!)

nywayz...i truly believe if i enjoy doin all those subjects then i don't mind the workload n whether they count for my uai :)

what's the point?
you get to learn! yay!
haha joking (kinda :p)
but 13 units isn't bad, it's only 1 extra unit
and i think it's more beneficial in the long run, because you get to know more stuff than people who do less units!
believe it or not, there IS a life after the hsc.

afta???

HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
heh.
there might be a life after the hsc. but for many, the hsc defines their life.
well ... i assume that the hsc next year is already taking up 80% of my life whilst the other 20% is a balancing of sport, hobbies n a bit of bludgin but i sense this will change soon
noooooo.........
can't wait until nxt year is over.........

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
^ ^ ^

fair enough you're stressed out but if it's that bad there's always other options

kpq_sniper017

for many people, uni is the best option...
that's why everyone is so stressed out by the hsc - IMO, uni is probably the best form of tertiary education for many professions (not all, of course), so it's no wonder that everyone is anxious about results and doing well.

afta???

HSC
even my history teacher says yr 12 would be the worst of ur life n after that is bludge....only a couple of days at uni

kpq_sniper017

depends where u work and what occupation u have.
i'm sure some jobs (esp. in finance/business, medicine etc.) carry a lot of stress. maybe even more so that in yr12.

afta???

HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
depends where u work and what occupation u have.
i'm sure some jobs (esp. in finance/business, medicine etc.) carry a lot of stress. maybe even more so that in yr12.
true but i don't agree with the business/finance part...
my cousin is doin a business degree n i practically do 50% of her work for her without goin to the lectures n i'm only in yr11.........colloquially..."piece of cake"

kpq_sniper017

afta??? said:
true but i don't agree with the business/finance part...
my cousin is doin a business degree n i practically do 50% of her work for her without goin to the lectures n i'm only in yr11.........colloquially..."piece of cake"
i'm not talking about the degree itself, or uni stuff.
i was referring to the actual jobs people do e.g managers/ceos etc. have the hearts of 70y.o.s coz of the stress...some 30yos have heart attacks already...!

afta???

HSC
well i personally know the last ceo of hsbc australia (for those who dont know hsbc is the 2nd or third largest bank group in the world) .... n this chap doesnt seem to be stressing alot n he's retiring rather early too ........ now enjoys a lovely apartment in the sydney city plus loads of benefits from quitting the job!
my mum works in the finance sector too ... she can switch on during work and switch off at home......quite relax....
but then again them two enjoy their work my friend's parents are doctors n she often says that the money they get n the work they put in is not balanced (saying that they work too hard)
so i think it depends on the person whether they r suited to the job
(sorry for the misunderstanding of your post in my last statement pcx)

kpq_sniper017

s'ok.
i guess it does depend on the person though. some people work better under pressure, while others don't. for me personally...i'm generally organised, i don't usually leave assessments till the last minute, and so my stress levels are usually quite low. other guys, however, leave everything till the last minute and then complain that "they have too much h/w and too much stress"...i'll admit i get stressed, but i usually do the best i can to reduce it (unlike other people).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)