• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is 2unit maths really hard (1 Viewer)

beaubrah

HSC
Please tell me your opinions

HSC 2015- Goal:90+ ATAR

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
No
But it depends on individual natural ability, practice and general like/dislike for the subject. I don't find 2U that difficult, although there can be general 2U principles applied to much harder questions.

enoilgam

HSC
Obviously, it depends on the person, but personally, I didnt find it too difficult. That being said, I did put in quite a bit more effort into 2U in order to ensure that I was on top of things.

Generally speaking, I think the majority of HS students have the capability to do 2U, provided that they have been taught well in Years 7 - 10 and have been diligent in ensuring that they understand the content.

Myrdred

HSC
Concepts aren't that hard to understand. If you're having trouble with questions, you probably just need practice and exposure to harder questions.

xenophanes

HSC
It's not so much hard as it is fiddly - you have to be really careful and thorough to get your marks, as I am gradually finding out...

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
It's not hard, more just like learning a lot of easy/medium content

#666th post

Sm60759

HSC
most of it is actually quite simple. it just takes time to initially get used to stuff like deriving and integration.

Sm60759

HSC
and if you are aiming for 90+ atar it is definitely worth trying 2 unit and maybe even 3 unit. If you find it too difficult you can just simply drop it.

kimjuliana

HSC
Depending on the person... I personally found it extremely easy. Some of my friends who struggled with 2u maths improved by studying really hard, like crazy hard. It also depends on your natural ability, some people just find maths easy, others don't. If you're aiming for a 90+ atar, you don't have to do 2u maths. One of my friends who didn't even do maths ended up getting 95.05 and she did humanties/ social science subjects. But then again, this is your choice. Just study hard and study smart and I'm sure you'll get 90+

Fonzie32

HSC
If you think you could remember over 20 formulae then you should be ok. I dropped Adv maths to general math after a year, math just isn't my thing. It's not so much hard content but just a lot of memory required, not to mention you WILL need to practice this shit a lot.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
If you think you could remember over 20 formulae then you should be ok. I dropped Adv maths to general math after a year, math just isn't my thing. It's not so much hard content but just a lot of memory required, not to mention you WILL need to practice this shit a lot.
dont be frightened by this; there are the odd forumlae that must be memorised such as the perpendicular distance formula but they will stick in your head after a lot of practise.

2U maths is more about understanding and then applying like what does dy/dx =0 mean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)