is 4unit harder than IB maths higher? (1 Viewer)

HSC
for all u guys who want o do ext. 1 then ext. 2..do u guys know whether ext. 2 maths is harder than ib maths higher ?

mwseaeagles

HSC
N/A
xXmuffin0manXx said:
for all u guys who want o do ext. 1 then ext. 2..do u guys know whether ext. 2 maths is harder than ib maths higher ?
ib maths hl is approx same difficulty. ib maths includes other topics such as matrices, vectors and statistics, whereas 4unit looks at mechanics, circle geometry, volumes by slicing and conics. overall though id say 4uit is harder, simply becos of the harder 3 unit section in the 4 unit which is more unpredicatable and can be really hard.

shaon0

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
Yeah its a lot harder. Compare the papers for IB HL and HSC MX2.

HSC
supercalamari said:
You have the option of doing IB at your school?
Nah.. my friend is doing it and she said the ib version had concepts tat you didnt lear in the ext 2 course and visa versa so i wa sjust wondering

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Lukybear said:
Sorry but i need enlightenment... What is IB?
International Baccalaurete(sorry if I spelt it wrong)
Some international school thingo.. It's mainly for University-entry
It's meant to be University-level in difficulty, so the subjects are really hard.. But MX2 is also University-level so.. I dunno, never seen an IB question before

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Yeah - a few schools offer IB in Sydney, all private schools.

Anyway after a term into 4U maths - I can say that it is pretty hard, however the key to success in this subject is practise. Keep on doing questions - and it should get easier. But yeah both the IB and 4U maths are university level maths - so they are both challenging courses.

Also for all those in Year 10 going into Year 11 - good luck next year with Extension 1 maths and for all those people who are confident they will do 4U maths - think again. A lot of people I know have been suprised after the prelims. It's not as easy as you think.

HSC
the-derivative said:
Yeah - a few schools offer IB in Sydney, all private schools.

Anyway after a term into 4U maths - I can say that it is pretty hard, however the key to success in this subject is practise. Keep on doing questions - and it should get easier. But yeah both the IB and 4U maths are university level maths - so they are both challenging courses.

Also for all those in Year 10 going into Year 11 - good luck next year with Extension 1 maths and for all those people who are confident they will do 4U maths - think again. A lot of people I know have been suprised after the prelims. It's not as easy as you think.
hey is it true that to get like 49/50 in MX2 u have to get like 98% in all ur tests?

aimhigh10

HSC
digimonstudent said:
hey is it true that to get like 49/50 in MX2 u have to get like 98% in all ur tests?
not really, because it normally scales up, but you would be looking to aim above 90 at least

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)