Is 99+ UAI attainable? (1 Viewer)

bunnie

After going to the UNSW open day a couple of weeks ago, I know what I want to study at uni but it is 99+ UAI to get into the course.

My marks have been average this year. I've only been getting 70s and 80s in my report. I didn't put a lot of effort in my exams before, and now I'm starting to stop wasting my time and studying. Is it still possible to achieve 99+ UAI to get into the course I want for me now? My Mum keeps telling me it's too late.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Nothing's impossible, at least that what i'm hoping for.

AreYouAlright?

Actuarial Co-op 2006
HSC
That's not necessarily true...

If you look at the software programs that have been developed to predict UAIs on previous UAC data, or even the Student Assesment Modeller (SAM) on this website it is quite easy to get into the 90s UAI range with only one or 2 band 6 and the rest band 5 but that's based on last year's data. If you studies hard enough and really wanted too and knew all the content there is no reason why you would not be able to get all band 6's and hence probably 98 UAI + if all else fails UNSW is not the only University there is... :) I would suggest feeding your results into the SAM thing on this website see how you are heading

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Ofcourse it is possible.....Just put in the hard work.

bunnie

I go to Caringbah Selective High. It was ranked 8 in 2002, and 25 in 2003, so the ranking isn't really stable.

I know it won't be easy. :eek:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
zahid said:
Ofcourse it is possible.....Just put in the hard work.
yeh it is, there was someone who didn't get any subject over 94 i think...and still got over 99 (UAI). apparently with 85 in all my subs and 80 for ext I can get 96. hhmm. Now I just need to figure out a way to up them all by 5 so I can get 99.

lizbon

HSC
i goto caringbah and i'm doing the hsc this year, my ranks werent that flash last yr (only top 30 for maths) but this year with a bit more effort, i'm in the top 5 for eco, 4u maths and chem and top 10 for 3u maths.

so u can get definitely improve and if you work hard enough(maybe with a tutor) u can get 99+.

fakingtheday

HSC
i go to coonabarabran high and im just about to start hsc. I worked out with the scores i got in prelim im looking at a UAI of 91.02 but if i work at the results i want i'm looking at 99+ and that's a public school so if you are doing the whole selective thing i'd say you could quite easily accetain the UAI you want.

feltonw

Old member
HSC
ya sure. if ur in selective, 99 is like walk in the park. statistically speaking, jamesruse got 60% of its student getting 99 or above and north sydney girls got 30% getting 99 or above. but caringbah...... erhh.....its a good school, so try hard la!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
if u fail to get 99+ and you get 98.95. you can always repeat again and try to attain it year after year until you get it. don't worry about the teachers telling you that you are too old or when they are telling you to just leave. just ignore them and yeh....by all means go for it.

if you still haven't caught on. just be happy with the UAI you get. just as long as you worked your arse off for it. then that is all that counts. :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You are in year 11, no marks have been recorded yet, so there is no way that it's too late.

And you'd be surprised how much a little bit of work can improve your marks.

Just out of curiosity, was this 99+ course combined law?

mack

Banned
HSC
Hahaha there is no need to get stressed out about anything in yr 11. I remember back in year 11 all i did was play guitar. There is more than enough time to pick up your game.

impulse_17

HSC
yeah, i wouldn't worry about it, anything can happen in the hsc year.
i am in year 12 at a selective, and there are many people who didn't do overly well in year 11 who are doing really well this year, and there are people who did really well in year 11 who aren't doing as well inyear 12,

having said that, there are people who didn't do well in yr 11 who aren't doing well this year and there are people who did well in year 11 who are also doing well this year

moral of the story= you can't really pick anything from year 11 > year 12 results. iyou said you're getting around 70s and 80s and not putting much effort in, so just put a bit more effort in and who knows? you might be pleasantly surprised with the results.

also, most hsc courses are completely different to prelim courses, so it's not like you're behind in anything, and if you are behind (eg in maths where you need to know prelim) there's plenty of time to catch up.. you could even start studying these hols if you're that determined

Tuna

HSC
N/A
I'm getting dizzy about 99+ how come no one is aiming for 100?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
impulse_17 said:
yeah, i wouldn't worry about it, anything can happen in the hsc year.
i am in year 12 at a selective, and there are many people who didn't do overly well in year 11 who are doing really well this year, and there are people who did really well in year 11 who aren't doing as well inyear 12,

having said that, there are people who didn't do well in yr 11 who aren't doing well this year and there are people who did well in year 11 who are also doing well this year

moral of the story= you can't really pick anything from year 11 > year 12 results. iyou said you're getting around 70s and 80s and not putting much effort in, so just put a bit more effort in and who knows? you might be pleasantly surprised with the results.

also, most hsc courses are completely different to prelim courses, so it's not like you're behind in anything, and if you are behind (eg in maths where you need to know prelim) there's plenty of time to catch up.. you could even start studying these hols if you're that determined
lol, yes I've basically done bugger all this year, after the SC I was just like meh.
and...
exactly I was failing prelim maths. heh. I still might fail hsc maths, you never know. If I got 50 in the exam....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)