Is a crappy ATAR gonna screw me? (1 Viewer)

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Hello OP. I hope this conversation went alright for you.

There are pathways to get where you want to be. Accept the outcome then do your research and set short term goals. Articulating those plans to your parents could help. The best way to mend that relationship is time and tangible action.

There's no shame with starting from the bottom. You gain a lot of things by doing so.

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Hi OP, I’m a mum, so I’ve had time to reflect on this issue. Unfortunately, some mothers, like mine, will never be happy no matter how well their offspring do(es). They are probably trying to live their lives through their children, but it’s YOUR life. In addition to Katsumi’s great advice, be respectful when you tell her, if you’ve put in a good effort then you have nothing to be chastised about and in future, aim to be the supportive parent you wished you had.

Lilpiggie0522

HSC
This cool bro. Worry does not help. Just take whatever comes to you, this is life.

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Bro I'm so close to fucking breaking down because I got an ATAR of 68.70 which isn't bad, but considered the courses I selected are 70.00 to 80.00 to be guranteed I'm scared I'll be neglected from uni. I'm espeically scared to tell my mum because she will freak out on me hard and it doesn't help she checks every bloody day about it. Sorry for being an incoherant mess, I just needed to rant somewhere to someone because all my mates aren't going to uni and I'm stuck here stressed out. I legit don't know I'm going to do if I dont get accepted, I would consider the ADF or something but my mum is going to cry and I dont want that
It's okay, 68.70 with some bonus points are probably good enough to get into some of the preferences you chose. Make sure which course you are likely to get into it and put it as your last reference as a backup just in case you didn't get into any of them. You can transfer after a semester. Also, look out for the early entries, some universities have really late early entry application closing date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)