Is a plot a Neccesity? (1 Viewer)

flip_flop

can't think straight.
HSC
that is very re-assuring :>

thanks pwar!! i think i really didnt have confidence with my peice to being with... but now im becoming more interested in it. i think your right, plot becomes sidelines in a good story, more a playground for the characters to develop.

my problem is now, however, that im only using one character.

so either she will REALLY develop, or she will flop :p

i would love to read ur MW - where can i get it :>

X

xeuyrawp

flip_flop said:
that is very re-assuring :>

thanks pwar!! i think i really didnt have confidence with my peice to being with... but now im becoming more interested in it. i think your right, plot becomes sidelines in a good story, more a playground for the characters to develop.

my problem is now, however, that im only using one character.

so either she will REALLY develop, or she will flop :p

i would love to read ur MW - where can i get it :>
That's ok:)

Remember the first student in NSW EE2 English had a postmodernist (or is the adjective "postmodern"...?) piece of work that really doesn't have a plot that you could say "I'm up to here" in. And we all know the markers love a good piece of pomo mofo.

Edit: I've been hesistant to share my MW- I only liked my teacher reading it... I geuss it's because it's very personal and has a lot of my feelings and ideas in it. Furthermore, I hated my Reflection Statement, and wish I spent more time on it.

flip_flop

can't think straight.
HSC
yeah, i guess ur right.

i have done a huge chunk of research into surreal lit itself, so hopefully if i can mimic that enough then i will get browny points for knowing my genre.

thanks guys! :D

X

xeuyrawp

flip_flop said:
yeah, i guess ur right.

i have done a huge chunk of research into surreal lit itself, so hopefully if i can mimic that enough then i will get browny points for knowing my genre.

thanks guys! :D
Yep, if they think you've done research, they'll immediately be impressed. Unfortunately, that means a lot of people who know a lot about one area (say, for example, Philosophy), they don't need to do any whilst still impressing the marker.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
i think that you need a plot to keep you on track while you're writing. i think that my story would go all over the place if i didn't have one...
so i do think it is a necessity

X

xeuyrawp

Something to add, it totally depends on your Genre: Pomo stuff will rarely have a linear plot, crime fiction will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)