Is a story involving a Neo-Nazi too mature/extreme? (1 Viewer)

mrstripedshades

HSC
I really suck at creative writing as my ideas are often either not applicable or way too big for a short story. However this feels like a great story to me, its about emotional discovery of a neo-nazi in a contemporary european country.

However, my question is if that is not possible to do in the hSC?

astroman

HSC
Yes it's possible, are you concerned about whether its appropriate?

fnawabi98

HSC
Honestly, I think it will be fine, as long as you can show the markers you've done your research and give clear insight. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Occupied

HSC
N/A
sounds fine storyline wise
i mean if u do ext eng and land with the module after the bomb, that's kinda all about doom and gloom. just b careful u do ur research and make sure that ur story sounds authentic and something that could actually happen and don't make it a melodrama

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I highly don't advise you to do this for an advanced english creative-you will most likely get really different marks, for example, one teacher might give you 15, the other might give you 10 or less. The reason is advanced english is really not a course where you want to be really outside the box, you can do that in extension one or extension two english if that suits your fancy. Simple fact-who is your audience-your teacher? How relatable do you think your proposed story is to your teacher's live/imagination?-not really. You can risk it, but I really think you are better off doing a more relatable, poignant, ordinary story-just my two cents.

Also people have suggested as long as you do your research-you will be okay-but trust me-you will still risk being too melodramatic, very few people have the capacity to write authentically about that which they themselves have not experienced-unless you are one of these people, don't try it.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
The Holocaust never happened. Hitler was framed. The Jews form an international clique. God help us all.
I find it funny how people still believe the moon landing was real and how 9/11 was Osama hahaha fucking sheeps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)