Is an ATAR of 80 possible? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I am very scared of the outcome of my results and ATAR next week. I have 11 units, but absolutely flunked maths in trials and received 38%, my internal marks for maths have drastically fallen because of that and I am very sad because it will get counted and will destroy any hopes of attaining a good ATAR.

My ranks after trials were;

Business: 9/67
Legal: 11/38
Modern: 2/15
Ext history: 1/2
Maths: 22/56
English: 28/65

What internal marks will I need for an ATAR above 80?

captainneuro

HSC
What internal marks will I need for an ATAR above 80?
can't say for just internal, but overalls of these marks would do
bus 84
legal 84
modern 82
ext 74
maths 79
eng 80

Just don't worry about these, you can't do anything about it anymore to improve or something

Babykbk

HSC
N/A
Thanks, yeah I understand, just wanted to see what I missed out on lol

What's your school's rank and amount of students in each band?? It's usually in your school's yearly report. Also what type of maths and English are you doing?? Ie Advanced maths and advanced English or standard.

HSC
What's your school's rank and amount of students in each band?? It's usually in your school's yearly report. Also what type of maths and English are you doing?? Ie Advanced maths and advanced English or standard.
school rank is 196, and unsure of all bands but for business 4 band 6s, English advanced - 15 band 6s, modern history none, and no one did extension history in last few years

I did mathematics and advanced English

Last edited:

captainneuro

HSC
school rank is 196, and unsure of all bands but for business 4 band 6s, English advanced - 15 band 6s, modern history none, and no one did extension history in last few years
Really hard to tell, imo you'll be above 80

Babykbk

HSC
N/A

I did mathematics and advanced English
I think there's a good chance of getting 80+ presuming your results improved in externals

Your modern history rank is solid and you should get a band 5 at least

History extension scales well but it's a ? Since no one did it the past few years

Legal Studies is a ?

maths scales badly so that's the biggest worry.

English I think you could get a band 5 considering your school had 15 band 6s last year and presumably more band 5s.

Imo you will get 80+ if you improved in externals. Your biggest worry is maths. How did you feel about maths external and legal studies?? Do you know how many people got band 6 in maths and legal studies in previous years?

Last edited:
HSC
I do feel like I improved a lot in my externals, but not for maths lol, test was pretty hard. Legal Studies went well.
Sorry, unsure about band 6s in maths and legal, but our cohort did well for legal last year and half of them received band 5 and over.
Thank you btw for helping :D

I think there's a good chance of getting 80+ presuming your results improved in externals

Your modern history rank is solid and you should get a band 5 at least

History extension scales well but it's a ? Since no one did it the past few years

Legal Studies is a ?

maths scales badly so that's the biggest worry.

English I think you could get a band 5 considering your school had 15 band 6s last year and presumably more band 5s.

Imo you will get 80+ if you improved in externals. Your biggest worry is maths. How did you feel about maths external and legal studies?? Do you know how many people got band 6 in maths and legal studies in previous years?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)