Is any1 going to wait till 20th for results rather than the 19th? (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I hope people dont go using the Lazseeker on thurs and expecting the UAI that comes up to resemble wat they'll get on friday...that would b even more disappointing/distressing

Morgues

Originally posted by MinAi
I hope people dont go using the Lazseeker on thurs and expecting the UAI that comes up to resemble wat they'll get on friday...that would b even more disappointing/distressing
shouldnt be that different this year

1 more

fructis
HSC
I am actually rather intrigued by my 19th results, in addition to being a very weak person :)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
yeah, I would say the scaling for subjects this year will be similar to that of last year. So if you use lazseeker you will get a rough idea of the UAI you could get based on your HSC results.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by natstar

Any hackers wiv us here so they can hack into BOS and let us know our results NOW?
if only there were some around ... anyone ... there's got to someone out of the 2000 members ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate
yeah, I would say the scaling for subjects this year will be similar to that of last year. So if you use lazseeker you will get a rough idea of the UAI you could get based on your HSC results.
the scalin based on the percentiles will be very similar ... but i reckon the hsc marks themselves will vary greatly ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Yeah I think they will to. Because more people will probably achieve a band 6 in all the subjects.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
Either way, the school has invited the Year 12's to a BBQ at school on Thurs, so we can actually discuss our marks... :rolleyes:
yeah we have one of those friday, so we can all swap UAI's. figures people who don't turn up will look suspicious... heh.

---and on the 19th/20th thing: i'd like to wait, and just check the hsc results immediately after (eg my sister, who did hers in 2000, got freaked out by her results, cos in english and ancient history she got in low percentiles - 30-40% for english i think, but still managed a 93 uai, which suprised her), but i'm pretty sure i'll just get them thursday morning so i can discuss with friends.

now i just have to bar myself from lazseeker... it'd be very tempting, but then if i got something quite high, i'd get overexcited, and if i got something low i'd be disappointed.

Last edited:

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
At our school there is no barbeque or get-together thing to collaborate about what everyone got. They simply want us to mail our UAI's to the school, which I think is stupid because it is the school's responsibility to ask the student if they want to know there UAI's.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
at my school on the 20th there is a little 'afternoon tea' purely for people to report their marks and results ... but heaps of people are on holidays/overseas ...

Jenjen

I'm waiting till Friday for the UAI
I dont care so much about my results
And waiting doesnt bother me at all

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
we're also having a HSC breakfast tmorrow to hand our results and either wollow in saddness or boast about great results.

mmhmm

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ TAKE IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I don't really have a death wish... :p

Besides, exercising a little self-constraint will do you good. :gridnod:

chait

Originally posted by flyin'
at my school on the 20th there is a little 'afternoon tea' purely for people to report their marks and results ... but heaps of people are on holidays/overseas ...
We send our marks back to them in the form of a survey.. we have High Tea @ School next Feb.. no doubt ppl will be like - i got 99, how did you go?? not looking forward to that part!!! :( we'll see how things go on Fri..

goodluck everyone!! :)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Actually, a good proportion of my friends did wait (although all my close friends did check...which meant *yay* - conversation and overanalysis could follow). I even had a few call to check on hsc results without even consulting their own first - don't know how they did it!

My friend went to a bar that thurs nite, and she said that she was the only one of the whole group of ppl she was standing with, who had checked! I think she said they even discussed it for a bit. Ahhh those disciplined souls!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)