is anyone doing anything visual arty-related next year? (1 Viewer)

MasterBae

Wow, so much has happened to my old chums since, eh?
i remember arthur....only slightly though....arthur tunstel or something??? i dunno how i remember his name... anyways, wow, sad to hear about all those guys getting screwed over, man.

oh and roo, with digital media, i do a lot of stuff in photoshop stuff, and i dabble in 3d, though i don't really have much time for that for obvious reasons...i'm interested in pretty much all types of media, i like drawing and photography and all that, so i think it's the right course for me

argh jian you lucky bastard, last exam was yesterday?!?!

i've got eco. today, chem. and 3u maths left :mad:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeh i know im bludging atm...though i have 2 major works due soon but it'll prolly be last minute like my freakin trials

oh yeh and i changed my mind aagin...i want to go to cofa now..and do art theory and law. but i prolly wont get into law cos its like freakin 99.30 so i'll do art theory if not...sounds like heaps of fun. im shit at prac but i really like theory, and this way i can still like art and stuff (i know that sounds gay, but hey it beats being a boring personality-less doctor who has no time to do shit cos he works or something)

oh and master_bae, do u still talk to any of dural people/ apaprently nick was best friends with kevin ko in year 7...and kevin's like totally popular now or somethig..

theo nly people i see often is tim wong, and i used to see jono at work but then he quit.

oh and hey zoe, i was looking at cofa stuff, and apparently if u do design and art education you need less uai than just design...so maybe u could do the combined degree and then drop outta art education...cos what can they do?!

-jian

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
no..... i havent done nething with it. i would really like to tho

annekaf

HSC
heya,

just wondering if you knew any good sites that i could find info and pictures of shigeko kabuto's works........???

thanks, Anneka

LISOC

HSC
johnson said:
this forum needs to be resurrected...

so...is anyone doing anything visual arty-related next year?

im thinking of going to cofa and doing art theory or design/art teaching, except im a bit scared of cofa and its arty-farty-ness...sort of... i tried to apply for NIDA's design rthingy but u have to be over 18, how sucky.

p.s., what are the general art theory case studies you guys have been doing so far? my class ( the whole EIGHT of us!) have basically done lots on modernism and contemporary art in general, basically the whole postmodern structure thingy. i hate those stupid frames and conceptual framework things, they're so rigid superficial and make art theory unnecessarily irritating and tedious.
hi johnson!

i want to do something arty farty related next year! my first preference is a fine arts degree at COFA (through which i will major in photomedia). i really hope that i get a spot! i'm scared that because the UAI (75) is so low, it will be harder to get in. i know my logic doesn't make sense but it doesn't stop me from worrying! :-S

i got my photos printed there for my major work and they are really nice. i went to the open day and they had one of my photos on display in the digital print room...maybe that's my 'in' LOL :-S
:bomb:

Armic

HSC
I'm going to pursue art as a side project. Or better yet do two things at once, which would make me happy. International Studies with Japanese then build up my collection of artworks. Possibly selling prints online which wouldn't get me anything more than a little bit of pocket change Xp. If only I could do a Uni course and NAS course at the same time... It all depends on the UAI at the moment.

I'm going to submit something for the Archibald Prize just for fun... I don't really see me as making art a career, but who knows...

Charli-lou

HSC
im keen for design at cofa...and im stoked for the artyness of it, but im sure its a bit on the popular side n the UAI is flippin 85...now tht i do not understand...why is it so high???? does ne one know, will the course be hard????
we only have seven in our art class n we been learnin a whole bunch of junk and been piled with notes about postmodern artists and collaboration and yeh...
xo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)