is anyone doing equality and difference (1 Viewer)

swisstruffles

HSC
depends on what ur focus topic is. eg. we're doing Australian Aborigines so its pretty relevant to do in terms of relevance etc..
u should have finished this topic already- ur trials have come and gone!! talk 2 ur teacher and ask 4 their help if u don't understand

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yeah we are supposed to have done it but our teacher is shit and doesnt actually TEACH. i rely on my textbook and excel book but with this topic i really don't understand what sort of things we're supposed to be writing about :/ maybe i just need practice, but i'm really lost here. what are the main points we are supposed to be demonstrating? how do they link to the course concepts?

Mazey

Hey im doing equality and difference as well, im doing Indigenous Australians too! :p Anyway i guess we're looking at their access to socially values resources, why their access is limited and just a few stats to throw in. Also we're looking at stuff like class and status and how that effects access to resources!

U can PROBABLY get by using ur textbook but its def worth looking at some websites and stuff too...
Check out www.atsic.gov.au or the Bureau of Stats!

Good luck!

young_gurl

i was away for when my teacher was going through the abo stuff...can sum1 plz fill me in on what the whole equality and difference thing is about

Nearlyfinished!

Lacroix, Sweetie!
HSC
This is prob the easiest topic i am doing. It is basically about how much discrimination or other inequality is experienced by certain minority groups in society. You should probably know 1 in great detail and another group in lesser detail in case the questions don't suit one of the groups. KNOW STATISTICS!!!!! You need them as proof that inequality does exist. Like Mazey, our class did Indigenous Australians. It is prob the easiest to talk about. We also looked at women and homosexuals. Good Luck! If you don't know this basic stuff by now i think ur gonna need it (i'm sorry to say, but if you have worked hard in the past couple of weeks, i'm sure you'll do fine! :uhhuh: )

Hayley C

equality and difference

well i have absoutly nooooooo idea what 2 do. our teacher went to new york just after we handed in our pips, and she hasnt been back since. We got a substitute, but she only ever showed up 2 two lessons, so i havent even started the topic...:confused:

shazabdazla

....spin spin sugar....didn't you get like 96% in the trials...i DONT think you need help...lol

um yeah we're doing e+d...focuses on women in the australian workforce, the australian society, etc....have heaps of notes and stats if neone need help...

young_gurl

for equality and difference..do we onli focus on inequality of the focus we are doing say im doing aboriginies do i just focus on that and the inequality they suffer or inequality of women and disbaled ppl??

shazabdazla

um, yeah for equality and difference, concentrate on figures and real data that argues your point, eg, despite the feminist movements of the 1970's, a recent abs study shows that women still earn on average 80% of the male wage.

BUT you must give a balanced report on current trends...ie talk about males and females in this example so as not to be biased. for example, groups such as the lone fathers association argue that women gain residence of children in 80% of cases where they should not..this in turn affects propety settlement, and recent legislation regarding superannuation in "equitable propety settlements" mean that the male's super is lost in more cases than necessary...studies show however that women are still financially worse off and divorce usually puts women on a "slippery slope to poverty" -(smh)

shazabdazla

...um dunno...i was just trying to illustrate an example...i guess it's gender differences and relative effects on economic status and earnings...but i'll post up some actual stuff tommorrow late arvo on another post...

young_gurl

cos my focus is Aboriginies but ive done inequality with gender , race, age, disability...so i derno what to talk about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)