Is anyone doing True History of the Kelly Gang (1 Viewer)

Dressage_Girl

HSC
Hi

Is anyone doing True History of the Kelly Gang? Have just started 'History and Memory' and have no idea about it other than History and Memory may be synonymous.

any thoughts?

kibb

HSC
i dunno it might work... the problem is that there is no oppostition to the truths that are told in the movie itself and due to the period of time since the 'Kelly Gand' was around facts may have been skewed and finding authentic factual information may be difficult.

Samuelm

which is exaclty why its ideal... as there is so much time since the kelly gang, there are several known key facts and peter carey has filled in the blanks with possible suggestion... this text raises the concepts of history and memory well.... as a sidenote, i wouldnt read it for leisure, its really not great but it does demonstrate the concepts and will probably serve you well in the hsc... and isnt that what we care abotu anyway???

kaylaa

HSC
im doing ned kelly. i have no idea wot im doing. i watched the movie and havent finished reading the book yet. its so boring i hate it. any notes or things you can give me to help me! i am really struggling with this history and memory part of english.
xx

i(L)ski

HSC
I've just sat down to write my first radio transcript on H&M and i only just now realise a actually know fuck all about THKG. What a wonderful life. Plus i left my booklet, with all the answers in it, at school. Even better.

Does anyone have the definition of History and Memory by any chance?

andrewpaull

HSC
hi all,

im also doing true history of the ned kelly gang, and im having trouble finding the influences on representations...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)