• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is anyone else feeling burnt out/unmotivated? (2 Viewers)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Ah, I think the general consensus is that people are unmotivated and don't want to study, but at times like these, we must pick ourselves up and ask ourselves "what If we didn't we didn't give up". If you did this, then we would all achieve much more.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah, I think the general consensus is that people are unmotivated and don't want to study, but at times like these, we must pick ourselves up and ask ourselves "what If we didn't we didn't give up". If you did this, then we would all achieve much more.
These are very wise words, but how can i listen to anyone who can't spell Gangnam.

medicore

HSC
I understand about cousins. I have cousins who topped the state in sciencec subjects, phds, medicine, law, accountants with their f**k ass fancy degrees and high ATARs. I only need either a 73 or 82 for my course, yet I'm aiming much higher (in the high 90s) and to make things worse, I have a cousin who might be Dux of his school and just scored a cadetship with an accounting firm. I'm scared too that I won't get into the 70s in terms of ATARs.

It's just that when people are stressed over there ATAR, it is mostly trying to avoid humiliating themselves at Christmas time. I am so scared of Christmas with my extended family, they just talk about school work, and here I am, with my low ranks and scraping myself into my course.
^ my family all they ever talk about is school, work, marks etc. So when decemeber comes looool..

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
^ my family all they ever talk about is school, work, marks etc. So when decemeber comes looool..
Lol, same here. Everyone asks what school you go to, or what Atar you expect ../

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
can't wait for christmas discussions about how other people did more than me and beat me

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Just keep on going! That's all you can do - only a week left and do as much as you can! Like my sister always says - think of this week as extra i.e in addition to the 3 weeks. Think about it - what could maximise your marks? Just keep going, have regular breaks, diversify your study because we just have a week of solid study left and then english will be over and we'll be partying LOL but it's true. No point slacking off now. That's what I'm trying to do. So keep it up and believe in yourself!

ali-fc

HSC
yeh ive been starting to feel burnt out maybe cause ive been squashing in 12 hour study days for the past 2 weeks :/ but yeh its only 1 week left of hardcore study and then youll be free for 3 months thats how im thinking of it. i think the things that motivate me is other than thinking about the degree i want to get into to or my dream job in the future is honestly il listen to music for 20 mins (dubstep,hardstyle,techno,rnb) go over mates house have a little mma fight or a grapple and i feel more strees relieved and ready to study but everyones different so find ur inner stress relief! even with a week to go haha :)

HSC
If u don't want to be povo then STUDY HARD! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE THE HOBO ON THE STREET THAT PLEADS FOR THE MANS PETTY MONEY THEN STUDY HARD! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LIVE YOUR ADULT LIFE IN A CONSTANT FEAR OF BILLS AND DEBTS THEN STUDY HARD!

onedaysnotice

HSC
^ archaic views of education and employment. lmao. That isn't to study that we shouldn't study hard, it's just that degrees are quickly depreciating in value, at least for many industries.

enoilgam

HSC
Lol, same here. Everyone asks what school you go to, or what Atar you expect ../
People knew not to ask me - my stock response to most HSC related questions was "No comment" or "It's too hard to say at this point".

^ archaic views of education and employment. lmao. That isn't to study that we shouldn't study hard, it's just that degrees are quickly depreciating in value, at least for many industries.
I agree, but also many people just think that degree = job. Whilst that is true to some extent, you learn very quickly in uni that things arent that black and white and there are many different avenues to a career that are available.

Last edited:

Memento-mori

HSC
People knew not to ask me - my stock response to most HSC related questions was "No comment" or "It's too hard to say at this point".

I might actually try that, it might work. Anyway, if Christmas is gonna be such a nightmare, at least there are going to be a nice range of films at the cinema: great gatsby, The Hobbit, Les Mis, Lincoln, etc. Some may open on Christmas, who knows.

eat_well

HSC
I've been find that it's extremely difficult to stay motivated. I've watched the xfactor uk live show twice today. The shame :(.
I thought the epiphany of how screwed I am would have kicked in with only a week left, but it really hasn't. I feel so screwed at this stage. Screwed as in I don't think I'll even pass half of my exams :S.

Roy216

HSC
I might actually try that, it might work. Anyway, if Christmas is gonna be such a nightmare, at least there are going to be a nice range of films at the cinema: great gatsby, The Hobbit, Les Mis, Lincoln, etc. Some may open on Christmas, who knows.
Unfortunately the great gatsby won't be coming out till May 2013 :(

Demise

HSC
I lost some motivation because I'm 99% sure that I'll do well enough for the course I want.
I have a course aim for my dream course which is a 91, and I finish uni at the age of 20, who wouldn't want that!? With my trial marks I'm looking to get in, but the problem is, I have a backup which is a double degree of my course, same uni, just 2 years extra and 9 atar points below. I really want the 91, even though I'm pretty much getting into my course nonetheless. :/

Demise

HSC
You do realise that UNSW gives bonus points. ie since you have a band 5 in English, band 6 in maths and band 5 in physics, you only need like 87 ATAR for your computer science bro. Go visit the site.

Haven't studied properly since my trials (9 weeks ago :frown2:) and I still wanna get actuarial studies.

98 ATAR with 7 days of hardcore study? Challenge accepted.
What's even funnier is I come from a disadvantaged school, so I think I get an extra 5 from them. Although, do they even give extra points for English Advanced? Thanks as well man, appreciate it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)