Is anyone else out there doing 4u and finding it bloody hard at this point in time? (1 Viewer)

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
I had a look at a graph of Raw marks vs Scaled marks a while ago, and it is pretty motivating.

My trial mark for 4u was 60%, and according to the graph that would scale to 46/50, which is 92/100.
I know I can most definately get higher than 60% in the HSC, probably more up around 70-80%, so if that graph was accurate, 'tis all good :D

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Crikket said:
lol, my teacher lied too... i got 22% in my trials, and it got scaled up to 82%
That's just stupid. More likely a mark like that would scale down than up.

CrashOveride

HSC
BillyMak said:
I had a look at a graph of Raw marks vs Scaled marks a while ago, and it is pretty motivating.

My trial mark for 4u was 60%, and according to the graph that would scale to 46/50, which is 92/100.
I know I can most definately get higher than 60% in the HSC, probably more up around 70-80%, so if that graph was accurate, 'tis all good :D
Where is this so called graph?
Also, it would confirm what i said a while ago...just land about 60% raw and that's a band 6. So it's not so hard to do quite flawlessly or at least quite well in first 4 questions then pick up the odd 4,5 marks in the remaining questions and u've reached that upper territory.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Perhaps he refers to the scaling and aligning graphs for ME2 which are contained in SAM?

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
My teacher had the graph, it contained the scaled marks vs raw marks for 3-unit, 2-unit, and General as well as 4-unit. Unfortunately I do not have a copy.

grimreaper

HSC
BillyMak said:
My teacher had the graph, it contained the scaled marks vs raw marks for 3-unit, 2-unit, and General as well as 4-unit. Unfortunately I do not have a copy.
perhaps it was just graphs for your particular school? I doubt that any teachers would have a raw marks vs scaled marks graph, and I'm pretty sure only two or three in the entire state would have info on raw marks vs aligned marks

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
I don't think it could have been just for my particular school, they wouldn't go to that much effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)