Is anyone else over the HSC? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolutlaura

HSC
I'm over it. Completely and utterly over the stress, the drama and the breakdowns related to the HSC..
I'm doing pretty well in all my subjects but I just plain dont care anymore. I mean, it isnt the end of the universe is it? I've had it drilled into my head for the last two years that if i dont do exceptionally well in the HSC and get into uni and study hard, that i'll end up a wino lying in the gutter and shouting at oncoming traffic about how much potential i had. Fuck it.
If I do my best and do well, then happy days, im not going to uni next year anyway (travel! work! fun!), but if i crash and burn, then so be it.. I'll be happy to just not have to think about it anymore.
I mean, am i the only one that thinks its stupid to plan out a little life path based solely on the results in your HSC.
If you want to be a doctor or a lawyer or an astro-physicist then fine, stress yourself into a frenzy, study hard and exceed.. I'll see you on the news curing cancer.. all power to you!
But if you're like me, with absolutely no idea what you want to do, fuck it. We should stop stressing and just be glad to get out into the big bad world... woo independance and complete and utter control over every aspect of our lives..

Or is it just me?

Russdog

russell
HSC
I doubt there's anyone who isn't over the HSC. But there's still some of us (i.e. me) who're lucky enough/unlucky enough to not have even started stressing yet, or realised yet that the HSC already started about a year ago. I've been at the 'fuck it' stage since the start! :(

pyrosis

HSC
i agree and it doesnt help that pracially every1 u no reminds u of it. i really dont care

..07hscer..

HSC
It was never worth stressing over, personally my marks should get me into the business area at either UWS,Macq or UTS.

But if you really want to do a specific course than the 'really want to' would translate into working hard towards your goal -any stress that comes with that working hard, might help a person stay on track

I just do study 2nights out of any assesment and late nights for assignments - its worked for the last 5 years - why would it fail now lol (0 stress)

gd luk all

edit: finally that blue box is gone

BikkiMuncher

HSC
I know exactly how you feel! Like everyone I have always hated HSC but one day you just wake and say to yourself (or out loud) I just can’t do this anymore. I lost all motivation and right now I’m having trouble studying the day before trials! I mean come on! Its just been going on too long.

96 days to go

absolutlaura

HSC
BikkiMuncher said:
I know exactly how you feel! Like everyone I have always hated HSC but one day you just wake and say to yourself (or out loud) I just can’t do this anymore. I lost all motivation and right now I’m having trouble studying the day before trials! I mean come on! Its just been going on too long.

96 days to go
My trials start tomorrow aswell and I havent opened a book. I might... later, I havent finished procrastinating yet and thats a priority..

95 days to go.

b-a-t-f-l

HSC
The reason im so over it is because of my teachers!.
They have this whole "The HSC is the be all and end all" attitude
I do not care any more. At all!
Only reason im trying listening in class so i dont drag the others in my class down!
Damn the HSC:burn:

But anyways...
Im off to go find some food

Amount of studying done this week: 0 hrs.

nicolem.

HSC
magpam said:
ummmz same

and also its 35 days left of school minus the trials :)

hahahaha funny i have one day and yet i still havent for the trails.
im over it.
and i already know what im doing next year.
i dont need a uai.
i only need to go well in art.
= ]
and im like come 1st.

absolutlaura

HSC
magpam said:
ummmz same

and also its 35 days left of school minus the trials :)
Hooray! 35 is less than 95.. at least I know I have maths under control.

Russdog

russell
HSC
magpam said:
dont get me wrong i do want to do well in the hsc. but at the end of the day if it means doing work meh stuff it. ive made it this far without listening in class, doing the homework etc. i have just been fulfilling the requirements and trying not to get an 'n' award.

average amount of study per week: 1 hour and thats if im motivated (obviously longer if i have an assessment)
amount of study today: none :( trials tomorz
Yeh pretty much same..

Tonight but.. I'm gonna go all out crazzy study styleez like never before in my school life. It'll just happen.. gonna be sweet.

williamc

HSC
Russdog said:
Tonight but.. I'm gonna go all out crazzy study styleez like never before in my school life. It'll just happen.. gonna be sweet.
LOL im pretty sure everyone will be going hard out tonight. For most it will click after dinner that they have a trial HSC exam in around 12 hours.

Yes that even includes you magpam.

pyrosis

HSC
like i wanna do well but every1 is like blowing it WAY out of proporation

tasha1789

HSC
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i hate the fucking HSC to... it is so fucked up. I want to vet science to i have to get like 99.85 or some crap like that... and i don't even care anymore, half my teachers changed for year 12.. i now have a shit chem teacher i was coming 4th last year now i coming like 15th... which is still ok but i know i can do better... and maths which is my best subject, i don't even get anymore... i totally screwed and i don't even give a damn!!!!!!

I am going on GAP next year though... YAY!!!

b-a-t-f-l

HSC
Im working tonight...
So it looks like no last minute studying for me!!
PLUS... Im up to the BEST bit in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
hahaha
English exam tomorrow.
So hopefully i can wing it.
All i gotta do is re read 2 Coleridge poems.
Bah i hates english the mostest!

findaway

HSC
English tomorrow.

I should be studying now.

But I just dont give a damn anymore

I broke down about maths the other day

And it brought along a revelation... I JUST CAN'T BE FUCKED IF I AM GOING TO WORK MYSELF UP TO A STATE WHERE I LOOK AT A QUESTION AND PROCEED TO SOB FOR 2 HOURS STRAIGHT

It's just not right

I need more motivation...

beentherdunthat

HSC
findaway said:
English tomorrow.

I should be studying now.

But I just dont give a damn anymore

And it brought along a revelation... I JUST CAN'T BE FUCKED IF I AM GOING TO WORK MYSELF UP TO A STATE WHERE I LOOK AT A QUESTION AND PROCEED TO SOB FOR 2 HOURS STRAIGHT

It's just not right

I need more motivation...
:wave: People, I think we have a problem. Everyone is in rebellion mode for tommorows eng. exam!!! Ah!!

Hey, KEEP THE ANSWERS WITH YOU FOR MATHS. If you don't know the answer, no matter how much you look at it, the answer isn't going to pop out of the paper. So, Just look at how it's done in the back, and LEARN from it. Maths papers tend to have similar questions between them!!! So when it turns up again you'll know it :)

Russdog

russell
HSC
magpam said:
cool.

so what do you guys want to do next year.
if you want to go to uni i suggest getting your motivation back asap.

me, i want to get a full time job :)
Yeh I'm gonna probly get a full time job at Woolies or some shit for about a year, save up some cash and travel. Then come back and decide what I want to do at uni, or an apprenticeship, or whatever.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Russdog said:
Yeh I'm gonna probly get a full time job at Woolies or some shit for about a year, save up some cash and travel. Then come back and decide what I want to do at uni, or an apprenticeship, or whatever.
That sounds hectic... I'm planning to go straight into uni next year, hopefully. I wish I could travel though, I'd love to go to Asia, and Africa!!! I'm going to have a 4month break between the end of my hsc and uni!!

~untitled~

HSC
findaway said:
I did similar to that in the half yearlys... Except in the middle of the ancient exam, i just lost it, the poor examiners had to try and keep me working to finish the paper, surprisingly i still came second, 1 more mark and i would have been first :( , nomatter.

Yea, im over the HSC you'd have to be crazy to actually enjoy this. But just trying to get some study done, and if i do really crap in trials, it'll be motivation to try harder for the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)