Is anyone else over the HSC? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphj

HSC
yeah i'm so fucking over it - especially english. to me, the whole damn subject is screwed. year 10 english was a sensible subject and i did well, but after that the subject sucks and if you're not so good at it then good luck getting a decent mark.

and yeah, i hate it how your HSC mark is everything - it just puts pressure on you and if you don't go well you're gonna feel like shit.

i'm hating this english exams tomorrow :(

perfekshunist

HSC
magpam said:
man i wasted the weekend before trials on bos
how sad
haha same here i wasted an entire weekend watvhing simpsons episodes :mad1:
its in our nature to procrastinate :bomb:

c0Nz

HSC
Whoa I cant tell you how over it I am, tomorrow for me is my English exam paper 1 for standard and my IPT exam. I am literally screwed for English, I have no essay prepared for it and im just coming on bored of studies NOW lol to find some ideas to write for section 3 of the paper.

Im planning to write dot points, quotes, techniques , memorize them and pray to god I write a good essay. (I also don’t have a supplementary text) ;)

So in short hell yeh im over it, I mean why should we have to bust our guts out to try and get a UAI to MAYBE guarantee us a spot in UNI. Lets not forget here that when they make the cutoff point the mark which stands out as the entree mark was the last mark that made it in. So if you need a mark of 85 UAI that’s not necessarily getting you straight into UNI as it is the last mark which made it into that UNI of the previous year. So to ensure yourself a spot you would probably most likely need to get a higher mark to guarantee yourself.

Stuff that , im going to a private college where I can get more 1 to 1 help , and experience in the area that I wish to venture into.

Oh and magpam
i think its - time management :p

Last edited:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
magpam said:
yo. that's not exactly motivating cause i know if i am for that i am going to fail

goals should be smart (learnt this from business studies):
s - specific
m - measurable
a - achievable
r - realistic
t - time something (i dont know bad memory :p)
Hahaha, at least you remember some stuff!

And I think the time thing is just time, it doesn't really make sense unless you elaborate on it.

Vicly

HSC Victim
HSC
Personally, I think the HSC puts far too much pressure on a student, as it ultimately decides your future.

However, I'm handling it rather well but I'm sure the pressure that comes when it's time for HSC will be far too overwhelming for some and be a distraction for others. You see in the news people suiciding from the stress HSC gives you :/

SubNoize

HSC
N/A
Hmm, this is my first post and when i saw this thread i was like damn needa post in it.

I couldn't give a rats ass about the HSC anymore i also have my trials tomoz but only now am i going to download some notes and read them, try pass them off as my own so my parents think im trying.

HSC means nothing, if you look at all the people who don't get good HSC marks and don't even sit the HSC, they are doing fine.

Anyways some one hit me up with a ton of notes, i got english tomorrow morning.

i have the idea what if i just take it day by day, don't stress my self in the littlest im going to be happy in the long run.

Last edited:

murphj

HSC
Yeah, HSC is a choice, but some people are so in the mindset that they want to be a lawyer or whatever, and have stupid parents who put too much pressure on them, and to do what they want to do they need to go to uni. Therefore they can't drop outta school.

Argh I don't wanna go to English tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
just think about how its going to feel the moment you finish your final exam and have absolutely no worries for 3 months.

for those of you worrying about your raw marks, they really arent a good indication of anything. my raw 2 unit religion assessment marks were probably around 40%, i had no confidence in my class and their ability to do well in the HSC and i was so sure i was ranked near the bottom. this resulted in me really losing all motivation for the religion exam even though my aligned assessment marks ended up being 74.

i ended up getting to where i wanted to be, but i literally made it by 0.15UAI points. hang in there guys, every little mark counts and youll be thanking yourself 5 months from now when you know its all over and you tried your best.

theres going to be alot of people in the state just giving up around this time, even though about 65% of their marks are undecided. remember that if you well in the HSC (relative to your rank) you can still bring up your assessment marks.

edit: id say that the final 30 or so hours of study during the HSC period must have raised my UAI about 10 points. theres nothing more awesome than doing a cram session the night before an exam and covering a topic which you were hopeless at previously only to find you completely own that section in the exam.

Last edited:

murphj

HSC
lol me too, cept i'm actually attempting to study - though it's a bit hard when i'm sitting in front of the tv :p

murphj

HSC
yeah it's bloody terrible atm - maybe it's cos everyone's on here needing last minute advice for the trials tomorrow! :p

3lsi3

HSC
omg i totally agree with being TOTALLY OVER THE HSC
ive had a i don’t give a shit attitude for like the whole of year 12
and ive been doing fine.
I’m not getting like KICK ASS marks but ill survive.
I hate school and the pressure the HSC puts on people.
Personally i haven’t been sucked into it, the HSC is not the be all and end all.
There is life after it, despite the mark you get you will succeed.

aricho

HSC
N/A
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i know how you all feel
english 2moooo

zingerburger

HSC
HSC rocks the casbah. Nah, I hate it. Can't wait until it's over. I'll just be playing videogames and letting my mind rot for three months.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
yep, completely fucking over it. Cant wait till nov 2nd hits! it'll all be over by then. One of the worst years of my life...fuck. Trials start tomorrow too...ai...:mad1:

hiddenagenda

HSC
magpamyo everyone i decided im going to go into the trials unprepared
pray for a miracle XDwhat makes you think you deserve one? =]

N

noir.

hiddenagenda said:
magpamyo everyone i decided im going to go into the trials unprepared
pray for a miracle XDwhat makes you think you deserve one? =]
Pfft. no one deserves a miracle if they haven't put in any effort

jenaispink22

HSC
i definately am over the hsc.
sick of breaking down in stupid english..
then afterwards when ur all cooled down, u think to youself "its really not that big of a deal"

but u just keep makin urself upset..

trials tomoro.. im screwed.
hate hsc.

good luck all doin trials
too tired to study:sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)