is anyone else struggling??? (1 Viewer)

becm88

HSC
hey i am doing extension one and two and i feel like im not smart enough to be doing extension one. i topped my normal english class and extension two is alright i suppose but i feel like im not understanding extension one. help!!

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
Dont be discouraged... it generally takes months of ext1 before you understand the concept and feel like you get it.

For what its worth, i basically failed every ext assessment [highest mark 26/50] all year and didnt even undertand the point of RFTG until a week or so before my hsc exam but i scored band e4 in the hsc itself... my point is that ext is complicated and the concepts and ideas take AGES to get your head around and sink in, but dont be discouraged. with time it will come.

if your really worried make sure you talk to someone about it now and dont put off trying to resolve the issues your having... but its perfectly normal to be freaked out by ext1, its unlike any other subject.

goodluck

M.

particle1

HSC
i totally feel your pain... i am in a similar situation and am contemplating quite seriously dropping ext 1... i loved the prelim course but now, as much as i love postmodernism, i feel totally out of the loop. i have done a term and half of it now and did quite well in our first assessment but now i have my 2nd assessment, an essay and a creative task all to be completed before the end of term which is 3 weeks away... HELP!

i am in a weird situation because i can drop it and still have 10 units, but my parents aren't really in support of the decision, and half my friends say one thing whilst the others say another...

i have also had 4 different teachers for ext 1 over the past year and the one i have now is really intimidating despite the fact people sing her praises all the time... the truth of the matter is i am kinda scared of approaching her cos she will think i am stupid...

i don't know what to do either...*tear*

HSC
N/A
*salutes*

Due to the "hey! LET'S THROW YOU INTO THE DEEP END OF THE POOL WITHOUT A FLOATIE!" nature of EE1 it's perfectly normal to feel "not with it" for quite a long time. I can rant on about this sort of thing for ages... the jump in standard between Yr 10 and HSC-level english (particularly for extension subjects) is incredible and you are having to ingest a LOT of information in a very short amount of time.

At this stage of the game, I imagine most people are becoming more familiar with the terminology and concepts involved, however it will take you a little while to UNDERSTAND what's going on and why. Just keep on truckin' and post up your questions here - we'll help you out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)