Is anyone else too nervous to study? (1 Viewer)

Luke322

HSC
My trials are open book as well but they reduced the weighting to 15% and split the other 15% across the other assessments. I was hoping that I could use trials to lift my ranking by a significant margin, which granted I can still do as I was pretty confident with my trials so far, but now the impact of them has diminished by a fair extent.

Luke322

HSC
Also, just a side question does anybody else hate "to what extent" questions or is it just me? Literally all my modern history essay questions where to what extent and I hated it lol

cloud_berry

HSC
omg I GOT THE EARLY OFFER
it says “conditional upon the completion of the hsc” does that mean I have to get a good atar or do I literally just have to complete school?? Also is WSU actually good because i’m not hearing the best things about it

Last edited:

nourished.

HSC
it says “conditional upon the completion of the hsc” does that mean I have to get a good atar or do I literally just have to complete school?? Also is WSU actually good because i’m not hearing the best things about it
Congrats!

I'd take it that it just means you have to complete the HSC. Though, let's not take our chances and study here and there at the very least.

I hold the view that just like how different schools of different rankings can produce state rankers, different unis can still produce top students in different fields. The biggest variable is you and your determination to do well, rather than the uni itself, I reckon.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Congratulations on your offer! 😄

As a WSU student I can tell you that not everything that people say about this university is accurate. Ever since the rebranding and the name change from University of Western Sydney to Western Sydney University, the university has been putting in a commendable amount of effort to improve its quality in different aspects, and I can definitely say it has been successful in doing so. By building new campuses and improving existing ones, creating new degrees while collaborating with other universities for some of those degrees, the university aims to (quite literally) put an end to preconceived ideas regarding its reputation.

Campuses that WSU is currently building:
  • Bankstown City Campus - Expected to open in 2023
  • Engineering Innovation Hub (part of the Parramatta City Campus), in collaboration with UNSW. I'll be making a separate post about this joint venture later so be sure to check it out!
  • Westmead Innovation Quarter - I believe this is not aimed straight at undergraduate students, rather at anything related to medical/health research. Expected completion date: late 2021/early 2022.
That being said, your choice will depend on what course you wish to study, as WSU excels in some areas, while in others, it might be better to consider Go8 universities like USyd and UNSW. Also, as mentioned above, your performance is crucial and will probably matter more than the university you go to. There is no point in going to a university that is considered highly reputable and fail to achieve good results.

DarkOperator618

HSC
i mean even if it isn't good or not, you've got a huge weight lifted off your shoulders

at this point, just send it in the HSC, u got something to fall back on

at least, try and get a decent atar so you can maximise your options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)