• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is anyone from 1st yr planning on transferring? (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
im just curious to see if any of you are planning on transferring either internally or to another uni, mid-yr or for next yr... i'm kind of curious how many ppl do it, i'll probably end up doing it myself

if you are planning on doing it, was it part of your long-term strategy, or are you unhappy w/ what youre doing currently?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
trying to transfer to (you-know-where grace)... coz basically career move and coz more friends there. plus my so-called 'group' in bizlaw can be a bit selfish and self-obsessed at times - i'm beginning to dislike some ppl there.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Don't abandon UTS!!! Noooo!!

I was going to transfer and double my degree with international studies, but now I'm not going to. I think I will finish my journalism degree, and then decide what I want to do (i.e. postgrad, another degree, get a job)

I want to try and finish it a semester early by doing electives during summer semester and then possibly work voluntarily as a journalist in a third world country to get some experience (both journalism and life experience). Then maybe I will get a job or do postgrad or another degree or something.

I thought about trying to transfer to the usyd media comm degree but I actually like UTS because it isn't too big and I like the people. Plus the usyd degree is four years, whereas uts degree is 3 years, and i will probably try and do honours, so that will be 4 years for an honors degree which I think would be more impressive for employers.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well, if you want to avoid the HECS hike this semester's intake is your last chance, and they're still taking applications for International Studies at UTS.

As for me, I've already applied to Science/Arts (in Nanotechnology and International Studies), and that is probably going to be approved for next semester. After that, though I'll be applying to Science Law (Nano again) internally at UTS, and externally elsewhere (the usual circuit for selective boys), as well as the obligatory application to Medicine (yes, again).

MoNNiE

HSC
yes
internally
i was considering applying for combined international studies with engineering but my mother is strikingly oppose to me doing it...
then i thought about business.. the idea didn't hit me in the head -- cus i hate business...

externally yes though i eventually did NOT submit my application to UAC -grr~!
was thinking Usyd... and unsw to go for biomed/mech again...hmm.. chances are slim -.- plus i sorta dun wanna do civil at unsw for personal reasons... but i would do it at usyd..

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm not going to do international studies because I would rather just go on exchange for a semester then spend a whole year in one country.

MrA

when are applications for both internal/external (via UAC) transfers open for 1st semester NEXT year?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MrA
when are applications for both internal/external (via UAC) transfers open for 1st semester NEXT year?
when the new UAC guide is out... think it was late August...

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i want to get into pub.comm/law ajay... so i'm staying at uts of course!! there's no way i could deal with unsw or usyd, i know unsw in particular is an outstanding law school but it's not my style.

i'm really really determined to do the pub. comm now, but the undergraduate program director said chances are VERY slim. i'm starting some volunteer PR work tomorrow tho so i can put that in my transfer application!! ugh, i really hope i get in, not only am i totally over social inquiry but ive just realised how much i want to do PR.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
unsw not ur style!!!!!

!!!!

and yes PR is cool

my aunty is a PR lady = merc clk ...she $$$ = good x mas presents
as if you wouldnt agree that unsw is not my style!!

does your aunty need anyone to do volunteer work exp. ?? :D:D:D

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
she buys good presents...and wanted me to go to NIDA!

the fact that ur attractive would make u good for PR...

it always helps in PR to be 'hot'

its seems to be all image and such
despite this naive idea that being 'hot' is the essential requirement of a PR professional.... it helps to have a brain... as underestimated as that concept seems to be these days.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
i want to get into pub.comm/law ajay... so i'm staying at uts of course!! there's no way i could deal with unsw or usyd, i know unsw in particular is an outstanding law school but it's not my style.

i'm really really determined to do the pub. comm now, but the undergraduate program director said chances are VERY slim. i'm starting some volunteer PR work tomorrow tho so i can put that in my transfer application!! ugh, i really hope i get in, not only am i totally over social inquiry but ive just realised how much i want to do PR.

I've decided to stay in Pub Comm so I really hope you get the transfer! We'll be Pub Comm/Law buddies for the next 5 yrs :) I only know ONE other person doing Pub Comm/Law ...so come join us! lol

You know, there's a girl in one of my classes that got a transfer from soc. inq to writing and ctmp cltrs mid year (even though they don't offer mid yr transfers) because she submitted her cc1 essay to the head of CC1 (Tony Mitchell) and he approved the transfer... i'm guessing it was a rare case because the cutoff for soc inq. and writing was fairly close?

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
You know, there's a girl in one of my classes that got a transfer from soc. inq to writing and ctmp cltrs mid year (even though they don't offer mid yr transfers) because she submitted her cc1 essay to the head of CC1 (Tony Mitchell) and he approved the transfer... i'm guessing it was a rare case because the cutoff for soc inq. and writing was fairly close?
Yeah, i guess - i can't imagine the same thing happening for pub comm cos it is sooo in demand as well. arghghr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)