• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is anyone here a Brissie Lions supporter? (1 Viewer)

caughtz

HSC
does anyone like the lions, i do. But they are getting a little old and vossy is slowly losing it ( if he ever had it) what do u think about them? my aim is a top 8 finish? unrealistic or not?

Last edited:

slip

HSC
im a lions supporter.

3 premierships straight and then a runners up

you dont lose that quality over night. this is the first time they have struggled at all in 5 seasons. You cant expect a team to keep up that kinda form. Everyone has a rough patch, it will make them want it more they will come back from this.

im sure they will make the top 8 easily and will probably be around come grand final day.

there win against the crows wasnt pretty but i think it was the kind of tough hit out they needed to give them a bitta confidence to get a roll on. not like an easy win over essendon who are badly outa sorts.

the other thing is there form hasnt been that bad, loss to sydney after the siren after leading all match, loss to port adeliade in a very close match, i mean turn those around and people would have said lions are just in 1st gear and will be formidable very soon. As it is i still think we can expect the lions to do well this year.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
With brown, vossy, ackermanis,lappin, power, black and their ruckmen they are always top eight material.

Knights_chick

Lions are playing crap this year.
Anyway, I cannot watch AFL. I only watch it when the Swans play. The whole thing about not being able to punch a bloke, insted they push each other like nancy boys.

Swans always have it over the Lions.
In saying that, I don't mind them especially when they play teams like Collingwood.
I cannot stand Akermanis!!! Yuck!!!!!

crispy13

HSC
Iluvtheknights said:
Lions are playing crap this year.
Anyway, I cannot watch AFL. I only watch it when the Swans play. The whole thing about not being able to punch a bloke, insted they push each other like nancy boys.

Swans always have it over the Lions.
In saying that, I don't mind them especially when they play teams like Collingwood.
I cannot stand Akermanis!!! Yuck!!!!!
Pity u only watch Sydney play, missing out on what Aussie Rules Football is all about.

I think the Lions may make the 8, but they will not get past the elimination final. They have had their day for the moment and need to go back and start developing more players, im sure with a coach like Leigh Matthews, they will be the team everyone hates again in a few years,

Last edited:

caughtz

HSC
crispy13

hey im from Lockhart, u mighten have heard of it cause its pretty small. where are u from i couldnt send u a private message so this is the best i could do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)