• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is anyone here an expert in conning their parentals??? (1 Viewer)

lilrah194

HSC
What are you supposed to do if your parents are being too clingy??! The thing is, theres going to be a class trip to italy in january next year for 2 weeks, but my parents are saying no. I mean, id understand their decision if it was about the money, as europe is fairly expensive, but their reasons are "youre still a little girl and we cant let you go anywhere without us. your going to starve and die because you wont be able to take care of yourself"
THESE ARE DIRECT QUOTES PEOPLE!!!!
What should i do??? ive tried everything to convince them!!! this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and i cant just not go cos my parents think itll be my death sentence!!! i even tried to get my teacher to kinda manipulate their silly silly minds, but they wont even go meet the teacher at parent teacher night!!!
im outta ideas...anyone got any suggestions??

Legham

HSC
The secret is to just laugh real loud every time they say something like that as though you think they're joking, and then just go ahead making plans. Works for me!

sophie1989

HSC
aahahahah sux 2 be u! haha jk!
well i would just do it anyway lol works 4me and eventually they just dont end up caring lol heehehe

ALLLICE

HSC
say you'll be sleeping at a friends' place for however long the trip is

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Tell them that there will be plenty of teachers to look after you while you are there. And does that mean the other students are all going to die because there rentals arnt there?

lilrah194

HSC
ahahahaaa theyre just a bit crazy lol!! well, theyre starting to lean towards a yes, so hopefully it all works out!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
lilrah194 said:
What are you supposed to do if your parents are being too clingy??! The thing is, theres going to be a class trip to italy in january next year for 2 weeks, but my parents are saying no. I mean, id understand their decision if it was about the money, as europe is fairly expensive, but their reasons are "youre still a little girl and we cant let you go anywhere without us. your going to starve and die because you wont be able to take care of yourself"
THESE ARE DIRECT QUOTES PEOPLE!!!!
What should i do??? ive tried everything to convince them!!! this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and i cant just not go cos my parents think itll be my death sentence!!! i even tried to get my teacher to kinda manipulate their silly silly minds, but they wont even go meet the teacher at parent teacher night!!!
im outta ideas...anyone got any suggestions??

So, do you think your ranting and whining on the internet is going to make any difference? Your post title in conjunction with your post and your parents perception of you, already clearly portrays that you're still a little girl. Grow the fuck up - they're only looking out for you. If you were responsible and mature enough, then you wouldn't be facing this scenario.

caseylee

HSC
telling them they are embarrasing doesnt work for me cuz they never listen

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I am an expert at dealing with overprotective parents and siblings :)
The trick is to explain to them why you want to go and how you will be sensible/responsible. Be calm and rational and if you get pissed off, hide it :) so that they think you are mature. Before you talk to them think of the things you can imagine they would say and think of answers to them. Ask them what can you do to prove to them that you are responsible. Like getting good marks ats chool or doing heaps of housework, whatever floats their boat. And dont give up, keep trying. What happened with my parents before I was old enough to make my own decisions that often they would get so sick of me pestering them they would just give in. Just remember not to get all pissed off and immature when you reason with them, its like shooting yourself in the foot with these situations.
Also, if they wont go to parent teacher noght, could you get one of your teachers to ring their home? And get your friends parents maybe?

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
two suggestions:
1. never lie.
2. don't talk back at your parents.

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
im really good at putting up a good phone conversation when im totally pissed and mum rings unexpectedly when im being carried by ppl off the road/park/tall building

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
fernando said:
two suggestions:
1. never lie.
2. don't talk back at your parents.
never lie? But doesn't 'conning' involve lying to a certain extent?

talking back: lol. i lose out majorly in that situation... i always need to have the last word!

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
yeah lying is pretty much conning but 'conning' your parents is never a good idea. if they find out then that's totally breaking their trust.. is it worth it? nope nope.

i really never know how people have the guts to talk back to their parents! like c'mon..!! IT'S YOUR PARENTS! but that's just me =P hehe

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
fernando said:
yeah lying is pretty much conning but 'conning' your parents is never a good idea. if they find out then that's totally breaking their trust.. is it worth it? nope nope.

i really never know how people have the guts to talk back to their parents! like c'mon..!! IT'S YOUR PARENTS! but that's just me =P hehe
lol. i guess i learnt it from my older bro, coz he's, like, the filial-rebel KING.

and, when i do talk back, it's usually like this: "mumble...... well, grumble mumble grumble...... you don't mumble mumble..... ......" So, in essence i do get the last word..... in a way... an obtuse way, yes, but in essence. ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)