• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is anyone not a crammer? (1 Viewer)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
yeh spot on because the hsc was a 'trend' thing and if they changed the questions or the format of the hsc there would be a massive state outcry. in the 3u maths paper people on bored were having a whinge because they weren't given the substitution to integrate with even though the syllabus says that it doesnt have to be given. uni is not a static thing and you get what you put in.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Yeah, I noticed that. Looking back at the HSC, I practically KNEW what was gonna be in the exam before being examined!

Now, it's hit and miss :(

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I guess that could be cramming but there are degrees of cramming. I know people who do an assignment ON the day (like START on the day) and I've done it once (for the record, passed it) but then I'm a mild crammer. like, for Stuvac now, I've frittered away 80% of my time but I do solid work for 2 days before my 1st exam. I've done some notes beforehand for other subjects and cram it in the day before each of the other exams.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I cram for exams cos exams = no COMPULSORY study

but for assessments, I tend to do them in due time and reaosnable properly these days cos research HAS to be done and the essay HAS to be written

...but for exams, well, you don't HAVE to technically slavishly write those notes...haha

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
frootloop said:
I'm a crammer... this semester

But that's all going to change next semester. I'm going to be so darn organised. (I hope)
That's what we all say. And here I am, basically halfway through my degree, and I still cram (although much less cramming than last semester... only because it's more difficult and I have forced myself to be more prepared beforehand).

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Cramming doesnt go down well with me. If im still not confident the days leading up to the exam (which is the case most of the times, more so this semester because i have 3 exams in 3 days starting tomorrow) i just accept it and try to remember just the basics. Then try to work everything else out from there as they come up in the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)