Is Australia racist? (2 Viewers)

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
Just because Australians want to put Australia first and protect it from foreign interests doesn't make us racist.

Race doesn't matter. They can be white, black, yellow etc and no one cares.
Pauline Hanson? "Swamped by Asians"?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
A more meaningful question would be, is australia any more racist than most other countries? Because I would contend that they're less racist.

Yeah Buddy

HSC
The world is a pretty racist place, Australia by far is one of the more racists ones...hell our foundation was based on racism.

America has beaten the racism into repression; it's still there, just not publicly expressed as Australia.

Then again, America hates muslims for obvious reasons.

But we must face the fact that we all have a little racist inside us. But at the end of the day, I still consider myself Australia, even if I come from a foreign background.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
And btw the welcomeness of Australia doesnt show much.... its how the society treats individuals with difference races. Pardon me but 'niggers', 'curries', 'fobs' are common languages even in australian schools.
I've never heard anyone call someone a nigger (except in movies obviously).

Pauline Hanson? "Swamped by Asians"?
She was correct. To be more politically correct, she should have said swamped by immigrants from Asia.

Australia isn't capable of supporting China's huge population that wants to move here. That doesn't make us racist.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
A more meaningful question would be, is australia any more racist than most other countries? Because I would contend that they're less racist.
I concur. Reverse racism (racism against Caucasiuns) is the moat rampant and widespread racism.

Tasteless

HSC
Why is holding views about a certain cultures (I completely accept solos view re: race vs culture in this context) that amount to anything less than unconditionally welcoming (or hell, even feelings (not actions) of hostility), considered by so many to be the greatest of sins anyway?

I could probably name 1000 things I'd care about being accused of more than a *~R~A~C~I~S~T~*

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
I've never heard anyone call someone a nigger (except in movies obviously).

She was correct. To be more politically correct, she should have said swamped by immigrants from Asia.

Australia isn't capable of supporting China's huge population that wants to move here. That doesn't make us racist.
Wtf? You assume everyone from China wants to come to Australia. Have you even checked the percentage of Australian immigrants that are from China? Obviously not.

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
to some extent yes.... there have been countless moments in which i have encountered racism whilst i trolled the streets on mid-day.. for instances, as i was walking casually a man (out of the blue) begins to rant racist comments, as if he was any better, words such as ' go back to your country', 'crazy B***', etc etc.... all i did was ignore, moments like that make you think about racism in Australia... but you know... i dont generalize so i dont think every ozzie is like that :)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Wtf? You assume everyone from China wants to come to Australia. Have you even checked the percentage of Australian immigrants that are from China? Obviously not.
If we let them a whole lot more would be coming here.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I can't even tell if you're actually serious...
Yes, I'm serious. Most Chinese who come to Australia temporarily want to stay here as the life is so much better than what China has to offer.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
So Australia's just like everywhere else? Glad we got that sorted.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Uh if they could and could afford to, hundreds of millions of chinese would happily live here rather than China.

db94

HSC
Uh if they could and could afford to, hundreds of millions of chinese would happily live here rather than China.
they can, thats why so many come over. centrelink throw money at them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)