Is Biology scale up in HCS? (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I thought every subject scales up if you do well in it... same for Biology. Biology is also not capped, so I think it is a decent subject.
No, as other have mentioned only mxt2 scales up, mxt1 stays flat and everything scales down.

BUT relatively, biology scales well and so many say it "scales up" even though it doesn't actually scale up - it just doesn't scale down as much as some "low scaling" subjects such as general maths.

Does bilogy scale up?
Is it a science?
Is the pope Catholic?
LOL.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
Does bilogy scale up?
Is it a science?
Is the pope Catholic?
Biology's not a real science xD

I think it's scaled alright. Not as good as physics or chemistry. Or Maths Ext 2 *hallelujah*.

<3

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I thought every subject scales up if you do well in it... same for Biology. Biology is also not capped, so I think it is a decent subject.
YOU ARE WRONG. If you get 100 in General Maths it scales down to 91.

Top Secret

HSC
YOU ARE WRONG. If you get 100 in General Maths it scales down to 91.
Haha, chillax bro.

@OP, don't worry about scaling. If you enjoy the subject, and are good at it, then you will likely perform higher than the point at which scaling will have a significant impact upon your scaled aggregate. Most subjects which have high scaling only shine at the high range marks. Thus choosing a high-scaling subject will not guarantee you a relatively high aggregate.

Plus, I don't get what the fuss it about. Please people, stop worrying about scaling. The HSC isn't there for people to worry about how marks are generated. It's all relative, no one is being disadvantaged...

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Haha, chillax bro.

@OP, don't worry about scaling. If you enjoy the subject, and are good at it, then you will likely perform higher than the point at which scaling will have a significant impact upon your scaled aggregate. Most subjects which have high scaling only shine at the high range marks. Thus choosing a high-scaling subject will not guarantee you a relatively high aggregate.

Plus, I don't get what the fuss it about. Please people, stop worrying about scaling. The HSC isn't there for people to worry about how marks are generated. It's all relative, no one is being disadvantaged...
Except people who are doing subjects that are capped and expect to get 99.95 ATAR XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)