Is business studies boring? (1 Viewer)

FancyPenguin

HSC
I've just started year 11 and I chose business studies since I thought it would be interesting and that I would enjoy it to an extent, however the work which we're doing now is quite boring and I'm starting to hate the subject, especially the homework which basically asks you to rewrite sentences from the textbook. It's basically like year 9 and 10 commerce at the moment.

Does Business studies get any better or is this basically it?

piethepker

HSC
N/A
Yes. Convince someone to drop chem by scaring them about how hard it is and do chemistry with yours truly. (its a joke, kind of)

Or change to legal if its on the same subject line??? might be more interesting.

FancyPenguin

HSC
its pretty boring but rote everything and get good marks
:(
do you think it would be better to switch to chem which is actually an interesting subject(also my friends are in it) or should I stick with business because I know I can do well in it?

piethepker

HSC
N/A
do you think it would be better to switch to chem which is actually an interesting subject(also my friends are in it) or should I stick with business because I know I can do well in it?
Switch to Chem got dammit.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
"My friends are in it" is a terrible reason to pick a subject. It's your HSC not theirs - you might have different strengths and weaknesses to them.

Unless you're 100% sure that Chemistry is more interesting, I suggest you have a good think about it.

Playing to your strengths is just as important as interest/passion. I'm personally glad that I kept Business throughout both years 11 and 12 (it was my best HSC sub in the end even though I liked economics better) - glad I did it over Chemistry and I'm glad that I didn't drop it to do 10 units with adv eng, 4U maths, Economics and Physics (which was my worst subject and it didn't count).

FancyPenguin

HSC
"My friends are in it" is a terrible reason to pick a subject. It's your HSC not theirs - you might have different strengths and weaknesses to them.

Unless you're 100% sure that Chemistry is more interesting, I suggest you have a good think about it.

Playing to your strengths is just as important as interest/passion. I'm personally glad that I kept Business throughout both years 11 and 12 (it was my best HSC sub in the end even though I liked economics better) - glad I did it over Chemistry and I'm glad that I didn't drop it to do 10 units with adv eng, 4U maths, Economics and Physics (which was my worst subject and it didn't count).
I mentioned that as my friends are quite smart and we already work together in 2u maths and explain things and help each other out so I would have help if I needed it or if I struggle.
I was seriously considering doing Chem and the end of last year as I found it quite interesting however I decided to stick with Business as I thought it would be interesting and I knew I could get a good mark in it. I feel as though I could do well in Chemistry with more work but I would be happy to do so as I find it hard to study for something which I find boring and easier when I enjoy the subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)