Is commerce, business or economics degree hard? (1 Viewer)

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm no whizz at Maths and I still managed 89 and 91 for my two Quantitative subjects, so no Maths isn't that hard in Commerce.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm no whizz at Maths and I still managed 89 and 91 for my two Quantitative subjects, so no Maths isn't that hard in Commerce.
perhaps.. but aren't things a little different down in Mexico?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
But I am so arrogant. And a year of uni is a lot further than 3 weeks. He hasn't even gotten to the hard part of any of his courses yet, nor has he even ever had a final exam to speak of.

Ziva

Banned
HSC
commerce degrees are easy unless you do a finance or actuarial studies major, business degrees are the easiest things in the world, a standard econ degree with no econometrics major is also pretty simple

1 year of uni isnt a big of a deal either so dont talk as if you re so arrogant.
you know everything you need to know about uni after about a yr tbh

it doesnt get any harder or anything

Last edited:

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
lol these subs have rather high fail rates, probably one of the higher ones out of the Commerce subs at The University of Melbourne.
perhaps.. but aren't things a little different down in Mexico?
yeah a fair bit different than up in Canada.

dude01

HSC
Sorry to break it to you, but if you suck at maths, it means you suck at logical thinking. People with your type of muddled mind are best suited to 'hands-on' TAFE courses.
You're an idiot. Some people are terrible at maths yet have excellent logical reasoning skills. A lot of people that do law are terrible at maths (myself included) but can solve complex legal problems with relative ease. But show me a formula or any numbers and I start sweating.

To the OP:

The maths in commerce isn't that hard. You might need to do a bit of extra study than those who are good at maths but it's definitely doable. Also, many majors have hardly any maths at all e.g. HR and marketing. BUT everyone on here basically thinks the only worthwhile majors are accounting or finance, which is fine if you like numbers, but if you hate numbers you will find these majors extremely boring (and therefore hard).

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
If you can't do your maths units chances are uni isn't right for you - if you can't PASS its not because you are that bad at maths its because you are shit irl.

If you have motivation and commitment you can achieve anything (that and they give away marks really easy at uni.)

dude01

HSC
If you can't do your maths units chances are uni isn't right for you - if you can't PASS its not because you are that bad at maths its because you are shit irl.

If you have motivation and commitment you can achieve anything (that and they give away marks really easy at uni.)
Says the guy who does a maths degree :/

Mate I don't think I even know how to do algebra anymore... I'm in my final year of business/law and have got by fine. If you don't like maths stick to majors like HR and marketing, and you will only have one or two core intro stats/accounting units in first year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)