Is Corporate Finance 2 Harder or is Investment and Portfolio Management FINC3017 hard (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Im planning to do Investment and Portfolio Management (FINC3017) without doing FINC2012 do you think its a bit risky? Which one is harder?

engineering

HSC
N/A
Re: Is Corporate Finance 2 Harder or is Investment and Portfolio Management FINC3017

1: the specific formal advice of the faculty is
Additional Information Students who achieved less than a credit in FINC2011 are advised not to attempt FINC3017 until they have completed FINC2012.

2: (though I reserve the right to be incorrect) your previous posts suggest you are only in first year (given there were questions about 1st year units) and that you may have had difficulties completing a full load (given there were questions about withdrawing), and hence it would be better to concentrate on passing everything this semester first before worrying about doing a third year unit before the recommended 2nd year unit, especially against the specific advice of the faculty.

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Re: Is Corporate Finance 2 Harder or is Investment and Portfolio Management FINC3017

Im planning to do Investment and Portfolio Management (FINC3017) without doing FINC2012 do you think its a bit risky? Which one is harder?
That's fine. Just don't do them together. I did pretty well in Corp 1 (ranked) and doing ipm and Corp 2 together is absolute fuckery. It will kill your wam.

From past students, Corp 2 is one of the hardest and has the highest fail rate (lectuerer emphasized it's difficulty for 30 mins). But I can confirm, into the 4th week - ipm is on another level.

Don't do them together unless you're solid in finance/stats and are willing to work extremely hard.

pHyRe

HSC

That's fine. Just don't do them together. I did pretty well in Corp 1 (ranked) and doing ipm and Corp 2 together is absolute fuckery. It will kill your wam.

From past students, Corp 2 is one of the hardest and has the highest fail rate (lectuerer emphasized it's difficulty for 30 mins). But I can confirm, into the 4th week - ipm is on another level.

Don't do them together unless you're solid in finance/stats and are willing to work extremely hard.
whats the fail rate for both aprox?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)