Is distinction average a decent grade for engineering? (1 Viewer)

EmJoy

HSC
So is a distinction average considered excellent for first year engineering, or is it pretty common?
Also does anyone know whats the percentage of first year engo students getting credit/distinction/HD?

thnx

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i'm quite curious too.

but if you're on a DN average after first year, you're doing really well.

LordPc

HSC
i'm quite curious too.

but if you're on a DN average after first year, you're doing really well.
id agree, but not because its all that hard, but because other students screw up/too relaxed about 1st year

math1131 has super easy online quizzes, class quizzes are a joke if you know what and how to study, maple just requires a few hours of time + open book exam. final exam is the only semi hard part

higher comp is not that hard, its just takes a long time (debugging). standard comp is easy

engg1000, also easy. DN at the very least (unless you get a super crap group)

dunno about physics. ive heard higher phys is hard but i dunno, never did it

so a DN average is not a bad grade by any means, but if you dont mess around its entirely possible to get a HD for first sem, DN for 2nd sem and come out with a HD (or very high DN) for first year engineering

all depends on the work ethic you brought with you from high school

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
yea isn't that hard to get a DN average

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
if you put in the effort then you can get distinction average in first year, but it gets much harder in the following years, it all depends on how much effort you're willing to put in.

full time engineering degrees require about 24hrs of classes per week, then you have your own study which you (should) do.

EmJoy

HSC
=(
Doesnt look like I am getting a distinction for Engg1811!!!
All this VBA crap is not making any sense to me, AT ALL. Pretty sure I am screwed for this assignment.
FAIL...><
And sorry for making this whinging post everyone. :(

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
surprisingly 1811 isn't that hard, i got 78 for it.

just make sure u ace ur labs + assignment (which if ur feeling risky, get the idea fof the code of someone else) and the exam is 50% theory based on the last few weeks

AndrewCase1337

HSC
Yeah I went in too relaxed, I got by in HSC with minimal study and cramming at the end, and just haven't really tried hard enough this semester.

I have not done any of the maths home work aside from a few random questions, Physics I only got by because of the help from a friend, I'm lucky that most of it has been online submissions thus far otherwise I'd just be scraping a pass.

Currently cramming as much knowledge as I can for Calculus chapters 4, 5, 6 for a tute test I have on tuesday!

This has been week one since I have done a complete turn around and been working flat out everyday, besides sunday, where I felt I needed a break. Now to compensate for 8 weeks of doing shit all to hopefully get min. 70% over next 5 weeks!

EDIT: Comp1911 and ENG1000 are good though. :) Although I do hate the constant battle I have with my PC when I'm trying to compile my god damn programs in C.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
dont be too disheartend if you only end up with CR average, it is still respectable.

it is easy to drop marks whilst in uni, remember that.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
load some INFS if you're COmp/Soft to pwn the markz

my current WAM is 69. Made me lose it when I got it.
haha nah civil atm.

gotta find a crack to the beam programs going around, that'd help me immensely.

current wam is 79 but it should be 81 if i wasn't a dumbass in a few assignments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)