is doing 10 units riskyy? (1 Viewer)

s0phhhhx

HSC
im considering doing only 10 units in yr 12 - i want to drop pdhpe at the end of this year...
leaving me with 10 units.
i guess if i fuck up then im a goner.
what are your thoughts?
too risky? :(

Miss Code

HSC
im considering doing only 10 units in yr 12 - i want to drop pdhpe at the end of this year...
leaving me with 10 units.
i guess if i fuck up then im a goner.
what are your thoughts?
too risky? :(
Why don't you leave this until the end of the year and see how you are going with 12 units then reconsider your options - schools been back not even a week. 10 units are a risk but if you work hard you will do fine.

HSC
Uni Grad
Not if you're confident and do your best in them, much the same as you would like to be if you had 12.
It really just means more time to dedicate yourself to the subjects that count.

s0phhhhx

HSC
okay thanks for the advice guys!
much appriciated :D

ahaha im still up doing maths and business studies hw.

how did you guys handle the stress of the hsc?

Miss Code

HSC
I didnt think it was that stressful, I stayed calm plus I was not alone in the process I had a twin sister doing it so it was good (we did 4/5 of the same subjects) so we could support each other. I think walking helped clear the mind, so take time to relax. I used my diary daily, making study timetables for each week. I was OCD :p

copeys

HSC
I agree with the above -at the end of the year,
see if it's worth keeping. If you still feel you would be better off without it, drop the class - but speak to your careers advisor (or someone that can help you with this sort of stuff) about it

Several of my friends did subjects that they could "bludge" in because they said "this will be the one I drop" - don't do this. It is time that could be spent studying but it's distracting to other students as well.

kroiston

HSC
If you work hard and are totally commited and truly like your subjects, you can get amazing results. My friend who was in year 12 last year got 98.75 for her ATAR and she did no science or maths subjects - so dont believe people who tell you that maths is a PRIORITY for doing well in the hsc.

CecilyMare

HSC
I'm going to drop 2 subjects by the time i'm in yr 12, leaving me with 10 units. It's good for me because I know i'm going to do shit in those 2 subjects, i hate them and i'm behind in them already, so even if i keep them as, you know, backups or something, it'd be a waste of a subject.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I've seen this post several times so I'm just going to keep this plain and simple.
YES there is going to be a risk. YES you will have more time for other subjects. Whether you get better or worse it is at your own risk. Think about this decision carefully. You won't be able to take it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)