Is doing duke of ed worth it? (1 Viewer)

ris08

HSC
Im considering doing duke of ed bronze but im not sure if its worth it.Im happy to do the service,skill and physical aspect,im just worried about the journey.The main reason I'm doing it is because of the experience and it also looks good on resumes and all.Is this true and does it actually help in the future or is it just pointless?
Does it also like take like alot of your time?
Thanks

KayadaPantha

HSC
completing gold in duke of ed can get you around 3 bonus atar points in uni, but after silver the work is incredibly long, 52 hours of service, skill and physical activity and you can only do one hour per week, plus the incredibly long journey/hike, so unless you have the time to spare, personally I dont think its worth it

hscgirl

HSC
is bronze worth it though?
i did bronze, mostly bc i wanted to go on the journeys (for me, going on a camp with my friends was a fun idea - and it was really fun). in my opinion, u should give bronze a go (u can always only complete bronze and not go ahead onto silver - u could always even drop out after the first bronze journey if you really didn't enjoy it). i didn't complete my silver bc of study commitments etc. but in my opinion, if u are good at time management, DoE is great :)

idkkdi

HSC
i did bronze, mostly bc i wanted to go on the journeys (for me, going on a camp with my friends was a fun idea - and it was really fun). in my opinion, u should give bronze a go (u can always only complete bronze and not go ahead onto silver - u could always even drop out after the first bronze journey if you really didn't enjoy it). i didn't complete my silver bc of study commitments etc. but in my opinion, if u are good at time management, DoE is great :)
ye camp was cool

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
Give it a go and see if you enjoy it. Considering you are planning to start it in year 11, I think at most, you'll probably finish silver before the end of high school. You can finish gold after hs if u want. If you are purely doing it for resume sake, I personally won't recommend it but it is a great experience. Currently completing my silver :)

moonsuyoung

HSC
Lots of my friends did bronze and they loved it! However, I didn’t get to do bronze but I’m doing silver right now and it’s really fun! I got to meet new people, try new things and Im pretty sure silver and gold give bonus points at mac uni and more if I recall correctly? You should give bronze a go and if you don’t like it, then you know not to do silver!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)