Is Dr Du better than Matrix?? (1 Viewer)

dropkick101

HSC
im currently attending matrix for maths and have been for the past year and a half.
note*: i am in yr10 at the moment and plan to do 3 or 4u maths in yr12
i feel very comfortable in class but i feel that i am not learning very much, more so revising content that i have previously learnt at home.
but i am unsure if ill be able to keep up with the class at dr du

does anyone know anything about dr du??

is the content covered extensive??

do they cater for everyone's needs in the class??

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Dr Du is more challenging.

You need to be independent and have high aims. They have multiple streams, A1 being the highest (taught by Du himself) others (A2, A3, B) are taught by uni students who do either Law at USYD or med but just copy from the lecture notes rip

Can't diss the content. Probably the best, but they do spend too much time on proofing lol.

Weekly quizzes with leaderboards. Name and shame!!

They do not cater for everyone's needs in the class lol. If you can't keep up, tough luck.

oh and no workshops

erucibon

HSC
N/A
Having been to both, I can say with certainty that for maths, Dr Du is way better. Matrix is far too slow if you are a hard working student, as they are catering more generally (they are more like a school teacher) where Dr Du will push you. With a subject like maths it is important to get ahead and do lots of practice, which is the purpose of tutoring places like Dr Du. Teachers are good and chill. I wouldn't worry about being able to keeping up in Dr Du as everyone in your class will be in the same boat and you will get used to it in a few weeks. The quiz and homework is fairly manageable for yr 10 and 11 as long as you do them and listen in class.

However, if you are considering tutoring for any sciences in the future, I wouldn't recommend Dr Du as they take the same approach to their maths classes where they go fast. With subjects like chem and phys it is important to properly understand all the concepts, which is something I think Matrix does well. If you are doing tutoring for science, it should be just as much for a better understanding as it is to get ahead.

tito981

HSC
im currently attending matrix for maths and have been for the past year and a half.
note*: i am in yr10 at the moment and plan to do 3 or 4u maths in yr12
i feel very comfortable in class but i feel that i am not learning very much, more so revising content that i have previously learnt at home.
but i am unsure if ill be able to keep up with the class at dr du

does anyone know anything about dr du??

is the content covered extensive??

do they cater for everyone's needs in the class??
it seems like you have an intrest in math, as you already go through content yourself. You can probably stay well ahead of school if you just study at home as once you join a place like Dr. du, you will not have as much time to study ahead through the textbooks and for year 11 imo you dont need tutoring.

quackyquack

HSC
Having been to both, I can say with certainty that for maths, Dr Du is way better. Matrix is far too slow if you are a hard working student, as they are catering more generally (they are more like a school teacher) where Dr Du will push you. With a subject like maths it is important to get ahead and do lots of practice, which is the purpose of tutoring places like Dr Du. Teachers are good and chill. I wouldn't worry about being able to keeping up in Dr Du as everyone in your class will be in the same boat and you will get used to it in a few weeks. The quiz and homework is fairly manageable for yr 10 and 11 as long as you do them and listen in class.

However, if you are considering tutoring for any sciences in the future, I wouldn't recommend Dr Du as they take the same approach to their maths classes where they go fast. With subjects like chem and phys it is important to properly understand all the concepts, which is something I think Matrix does well. If you are doing tutoring for science, it should be just as much for a better understanding as it is to get ahead.
how long does it take for you to receive the results for the entrance test?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)