IS econ 235 economic development a hard course? (1 Viewer)

luffyluffy

HSC
i plan to do econ235 in the 1st half year, just wanna to how hard is this one going to be?

Tabris

HSC
It is not difficult, in fact it is the most enjoyable econ subject i have done

Lecture

Joe Macri is your lecturer, excellent lecturer, knows the content very well and communicates effectively, guarentee wont fall asleep during the lecture

The content is interesting it goes from intro and what is development? to growth theories (u have a head start compared to econ201 in S2) and issues such as economic dualism (rich and poor), trade in developing countries and trade theories on why they are povo, sustainable development and environmental economics in poor countries, agriculture and population, why they have such a booming population where the developed countries are at replacement levels. etc. etc.

It gets better towards the end when Craig Macmillan takes over for the IMF and World Bank topics, their importance and role in developing economies. Excellent lecturer and 100% guarentee u wont fall asleep. The topics looks at the criticisms of these institutions.

Difficult?

I dont think so, but thts subjective....

If u goto all the lectures and read over your notes and spend about 1-2 hrs a week making summaries and learning it u would not have any problems with passing.

hope that helps.... and another word of advice:

STAY AWAY FROM ECON210, if u want it as an elective, DONT BOTHER, its everything econ235 is not, it sends u to sleep, it mathematically dense, it is not practical but rathar very theoretical and abstract, not to mention the poor communication skills in content and assessment.

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s

mademoiselleN
HSC
sounds like an interesting course! I was looking at this too as an elect.

Tabris, do you happen to remember the weight(%) of the final exam and if it consists of essays only or MCQ as well?

Also, did they have ilectures when u did it? I like going to uni the least possible!

Thanks a lot!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Has anyone done ECON350? If so, how difficult is that? I believe the subject is called Money and Finance.

Sorry for hijacking

Tabris

HSC
the 2 MC tests weighs about 15% each, the group asessment 10% and final about 60%.

Whats odd is that even the final is 60% i think the scaling puts more emphasis on the final....

There are no i lectures, u are expected to goto every lecture, u have to sign your name on the roll when it is passed in the lecture. But even if u dont goto lecture, u still can pass the unit from the lecture notes.

Now u dont have to goto uni that often, the lectures are in a 1x 2 hr block with a tute once a fortnight,

HSC
im doing econ235 this sem
its true that its interesting
but its hard
is anyone know how hard the final exam is?

Tabris

HSC
Final is easy

I think it was 2 sections, all long answers

Section 1: 4 questions just answer 2

Section 2: 2 questions, answer 1

if u look over the lecture notes it should be fine.

HSC
thanks man
is there anyway i can get the last year pastpaper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)