Is French A Good Subject? (1 Viewer)

Phatphil

I AM THINKING ABOUT QUITTING FRENCH AS I SEEM TO HAVE FALLEN BEHIND DESPITE BEING 3RD (OUT OF SIX) IN OUR CLASS.
HOW MUCH WORK NEEDS TO BE PUT INTO FRENCH TO GET LIKE A BAND 6?

C'est la vie

Don't drop french! I know it's tempting, I've thought about it many times myself. But all it takes is a little bit of confidence. Talk to your teacher, practise talking to yourself in french (I know it sounds gay)...write short notes in french. Just anything you can do to use it more.

In terms of how much work it requires to get a band 6, it depends on what your level is now. Naturally, to get a band 6 in any subject is hard, and French is no exception. Just do your best, put everything in to it. If you're not passionate about it, no matter how hard you try, it's going to make it hard for you.

Let me know if I can help

Katie xoxo

Phatphil

i dunno.... i talked to my teacher and he said that i'll probably get a band 5 right now... and i've also felt that i've been falling behind since the holidays.

Je ne comprends rien maintenant, meme si les petits mots comme "faire". :(

C'est la vie

Hey, seriously, a band 5 is still really good! I have no idea what i'd get, but if you like it, definately keep doing it. And when you think about it, you've come so far already...like 6 years of French. it's a bit of a waste to give up now.

Sois courageux, tout seraient bien. J'ai la fois dans vous!

chepas

HSC
I suppose all that needs to be asked is, do you like French? That was a big factor in me choosing my final subjects. If it's a subject you really like, then that motivates you to do well. And if you're teacher's predicting a band 5 that seems very good. Also if you still keep your ranking or make the ranking in your class better it can lock you in that rank for UAI calculations etc... 3rd seems a very good ranking considering French is one of the most studied LOTEs, there's be a substantial number of candidates... Not that I have any clue in the world how that works still... hehe.

Alors, demande-toi si le franais te plat encore. Sinon, il y a des chemins qu'on peut parcourir... :) Mais continue d'tudier le franais - c'est une belle matire!

Chpas :D

chepas

HSC
... et si tu as des ennuis demande-nous et on essayera de t'aider :) These forums are a wealth of everything....

Chpas :D

Phatphil

thanks guys. it's just that french is my 13th unit and i need to get band six in chem,eco,french, 4umaths in order to get into the uni course i want. Et en plus, je me croyais nul en francais. Je pense encore a cette sujet.

chepas

HSC
woah. chem eco and 4u maths! what are you looking to do at uni?

De toute faon, le franais c'est toujours utile, quel que soit ton profession :)

Serpentia

But also there is life after the HSC and not everything will go to plan, you cannot control the future and who knows what will happen. Perhaps you will travel, and knowing another language is good (if you continue it you WILL get better, no question about it).

I took up my subjects in school not just because I thought they would get my good marks, but, to an extent, for my own personal pursuit of knowledge.

To be frank, my marks in french especially are not hugely important. What I do care about is getting better at the language.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
It's really hard to get a Band 6 in French Continuers, especially if you don't do Extensions. But don't drop it, you'll regret it if you do. Band 5 should be pretty good already :)

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
hey i do 4u maths, physics, chemistry and did ext english as well. It's possible to do well and get all band 6s but you have to put in a LOT of work, I mean A LOT.
But just on the subject of scaling, French doesn't scale any higher than the other subjects, maybe phys so if you're in it purely for the scaling, don't bother

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
ummmm

i haven't spoken french for a while.....

je ne sais pas si c'est un chois vallable pour moi..... je crois que je n'avai pas parlez le francais pour trois anne.

DAMN im forgetting this shit.

Une autre problem et tout les devoires que je dois fair pour les sujets maths, chemestry, physique, et l'anglais avancais avec l'extension.

yay, *remembers some french* lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)