Is General Maths enough for App. Finance? (1 Viewer)

williamc

HSC
Business Admin, Yes
Economics, NOOOOOO
No maths required for BBA.

band 2+ in 2 unit maths or MATH123 or > for an Ec degree.

So i cant do any component of the Economics course, without having done the MATHS123 course?

I was reading earlier in the thread that the maths was simple enough..?

Please elaborate.
correct. to gain entry in ECON110 (intro macro) you need band 2+ in 2 unit maths or MATH123 or >. You can do MATH123 at the same time as ECON110 as a co-req, but yer the maths in intro level ECON is elementary and a general maths student should have no problems.

kevinant

HSC
Don't know about ECON110, but I know for ECON111 you can't survive without calculus (differentiation) for tutorial questions. since the formula for elasticity is E=Q.P. dP/dQ. thus general maths is not sufficient for that..

piitb

HSC
u are screwed. take the year off and do HSC maths. it will do u a world of good for the future

williamc

HSC
Don't know about ECON110, but I know for ECON111 you can't survive without calculus (differentiation) for tutorial questions. since the formula for elasticity is E=Q.P. dP/dQ. thus general maths is not sufficient for that..

what the fuck....

i got a D in econ111 and i didn't do any differentiation? AT ALL

although come 2nd year econ200 BUR. bought the book today. heaps of calulus

Last edited:

piitb

HSC
there wont be any direct differentiation. e.g they wont ask whats the derivative of x.

but the concepts will require u to understand the concept of calculus. if u dont know it u prob still pass, but there will be huge gaps in your knowlede

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)