Is getting <50% common in chem or does my school just suck?? (1 Viewer)

Taskan

HSC
I have a great teacher, so everyone in our school pwnd the first two in class assessments, but its the half- yearlies that will separate us all, and prove who the good ones are, I'm hoping for mid-80's, probably get mid-70's.

But yeah, in yr 11, a few people failed, but now its uncommon

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
well judging from this thread there seems to be a massive variation in averages. I'm assuming that my grade is just crap at chem because if you don't understand the main concepts you're not going to do good in even an easy test.

If (non-selective) schools are gettin >80% averages then my school is farked on.

Tommykins, you do go to a selective school so that's prob why everyone does well :p
That may be so but another thing is the exams could be (relatively) harder than public schools.

Don't let it get you down though, if you're getting 50's but still maintaining good ranks, just make sure you smash the externals.

HSC
Work hard on chem and it will pay off. Really, get your notes done early because the sooner you can get them stuck in your head the better it is for you. Don't finsh your core notes the night before and don't even study your elective because you will get 77% lol.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think if you're whole grade cohort is getting less than 50% - either your teachers are dodgy, or your tests are really really hard.

independantz

HSC
I think 95% was the highest in our last test. and then most of the "top" people got around 80-90 and so on...

Seamus733

HSC
Our half-yearly average for Chemistry was 50% this year. I studied much more than I would and still only achieved in the 50s... The highest was in the 90s and the lowest in the 10s - both of which were in my class, haha

kooltrainer

HSC
.. i think the problem is with the textbooks.. the textbooks contain useless material and those complicate concepts etc..
go to tutor for chem.. dun rely on textbooks.. even conquering chem ;) lol

zs2912

HSC
We just got our chem midcourses back and it was ridiculous!
So many kids got between 10-40 out of 70!
I only got 39.5 :( Considering I got 80% on the one before I was pretty bummed.
But the teacher's said anything over 50 was like amazingly good. lol
Ohwell, still got 60% of the school based assessments to go! :p

Sonata

HSC
lol getting <50% for chem at my school is pretty common, probably coz our teacher sets exams harder then usually marking it HSC style, usually throwing in onli band 5 and 6 questions. or maybe chem just sucks

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
then go and read textbooks and study guides and dont rely on your teacher as much, it is unfortunate many have to self-teach for ultimate success.
scab marks if you like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)