Is Greater Union George St using allocated seat system? (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Yes, but yet people will still ignore them.

I know I did. A really empty cinema and my ticket tells me to sit right up next to this old couple. We left a few seats in between us and was still dead centre. No one comes up to check anyway.

I would imagine, though, that things like Spiderman 3 (ie big crowds), allocated seats would matter. No one fucking goes to Rhodes. Yet people were lining up 30 minutes before the session started, and the seat allocation was really important :/

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
Hardly anyone ever goes to the movies I go to, so you just sit anywhere. The last time I experienced a busy cinema was Jurassic park in 1992 with my dad.

AMorris

HSC
I went yesterday (well friday) and it was unallocated. I dont think they'll be moving to allocated seating any time soon.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
yeah, last time I saw a movie there (bout two weeks ago) they didn't have allocated seating.

I used to work in a movie cinema, and while I can see why some theatres have introduced allocated seating (the one I worked at did) I still think it's fucking stupid. Not only is it a hassle for customers, it's a bloody big hassle for the workers too. If a session is sold out and people aren't sitting in their allocated seat, it just creates havoc and this awful chain reaction that is pretty much impossible to stop without leaving someone unsatisfied. it creates so many problems, and IMO that overshadows the very few benefits it may bring.

miss-smexy

HSC
Maybe it depends what session times.

I hate the seats there. You can't lift up the armrest.

Oh and once when I was watching a movie I felt the curtains move next to me... it was like a rat/mouse! >.<

BaCC 07~~
HSC
Went there just last week, they ask for front, middle or back, but no one comes check anyway. I guess it wouldn't matter unless its a sell-out movie (usually in first week).

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I was there to see Pirates3 2nd day of release and they didn't ask.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
i think they'd only do that if it's going to be a full house.. like when a movie just comes out.

michael1990

HSC
Allocated seats are a god sent.
It alleviates so many problems ( on the business side of things)

But creates so many for the workers. :(

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Jachie said:
I used to work in a movie cinema, and while I can see why some theatres have introduced allocated seating (the one I worked at did) I still think it's fucking stupid. Not only is it a hassle for customers, it's a bloody big hassle for the workers too. If a session is sold out and people aren't sitting in their allocated seat, it just creates havoc and this awful chain reaction that is pretty much impossible to stop without leaving someone unsatisfied. it creates so many problems, and IMO that overshadows the very few benefits it may bring.
Agreed. In principle it would/could work but that takes out the factor that people regardless of what they are told will do whatever they want (i.e. sit where they choose). I've seen it happen in Transformers, it wasn't exactly packed maybe 50-80ish people in one of the upstairs/downstairs levelling cinemas. Anyway everyone was seated and the movie had started these people came in late and someone had taken there seats they asked them to move creating an annoying distraction for everyone watching the film, and the usher as well trying to sort it out.

I mean I get they were their seats but if you come late to bad in my opinion, don't disrupt everyone else's viewing experience because you can't be bothered to sit a few seats back, still in the middle of the row/section.

It's a stupid system and I hope they either sort it out to work better or better yet get rid of it, since we have been out of assigned seating for years now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)