Is Homophobia Associated With Homosexual Arousal? (1 Viewer)

SydneyBro

HSC
Is Homophobia Associated With Homosexual Arousal?

Henry E. Adams, Lester W. Wright, Jr., and Bethany A. Lohr
University of Georgia

The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992 ). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.

The journal article in full: http://www.oogachaga.com/downloads/homophobia_and_homosexual_arousal.pdf

So next time you see a "homophobic" guy, you actually now know he is most likely bisexual, or maybe even fully gay himself.

Last edited:

sja

dingleberry
HSC
No-one cares.

Go out there and get your dick sucked, or make love to your girlfriend.

If you're not doing either of those you're wasting your nights.

Stop posting lame shit like this.

Aralia

Mieow...
HSC
Hmmm...what are the p-values for this? Are they significant? I don't have time to read the full article.

It's also a widely known fact, just watch "American Beauty"!

kingofzeworld

HSC
I have always been a strong believer of individuals that are comfortable with their sexaulity and other sexualities are alot less likely to be homosexual if they claim to hetrosexual. Alot of males I know that are homophobic see this as "gay" yet it is merely that they are insecure of their sexuality and have a higher probability of hiding or denying their true sexuality. This research proves this fact!

By the way, sja.. You are the reason why this research was made. You are the ones who become erect after watching homosexual footage. You only prove this theory further. Now does someone feel stupid now?

sja

dingleberry
HSC
kingofzeworld said:
I Now does someone feel stupid now?
Yes. You must feel stupid for thinking that I would consider an opinion from an 18 year old who just finished the HSC.

Coatesy

HSC
Please dont feed obvious troll, Sydney Bro.

Its cool, I found it interesting.

wanton-wonton

HSC
Aralia said:
Hmmm...what are the p-values for this? Are they significant? I don't have time to read the full article.

Edit: Naw, after glancing through the article, there were actually quite a few p-values's, all of which I came across where significant at the 5% level. Really can't be bothered to go through the whole article.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

According to my calculations:
H_0: μ = 0
H_a: μ > 0 (testing for carefactor)
Significance: alpha = 0.05

From SPLUS:
Diff
Mean: 1.5300000 = x
Total N: 10.0000000 = n
Std Dev.: 1.1392493 = s
Paired t-Test
data: x: Before in SDF68 , and y: After in SDF68
t = 4.2469, df = 9, p-value = 0.0011
alternative hypothesis: mean of differences is greater
than 0
95 percent confidence interval:
0.8695986 NA
sample estimates:
mean of x - y

Except the P value is bigger than the sig value so we'll just pretend :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)