Is INFS1000 easy? (1 Viewer)

The Thinker

"I can't get no sleep"
HSC
I need a fill in subject to do. I do a bachelor of economic and social sciences and planning to major in human resource management and marketing. I'm thinking of doing a 'fill in' subject that looks good to employers, doesn't have much workload and is relatively easier to get high marks in. I've been reading other threads and i hear INFS1000 is a pretty confusing subject but on the other hand when other people posted their "unit of study reviews" they rated how easy the subject was to get good marks. Therefore is it worth me doing INFS1000? By the way, i'm your normal and average computer literate person.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yes, stupidly so.

No need to attend lectures at all ( I attended 10 mins of the first one). Just read the summary at the end of the textbook and keep up with assignments

I'm computer illiterate (the internet and word is pretty much all I know) and it was easy.

Used to be easier I think but it's still ok now. Only downside are the assignments but that's the way with most 1000 level e+b subjects, lots of piddly little assignments.

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
I did INFS this semester and hated it. Olivera is so sweetly enthusiastic (read obsessive). I also see myself as fairly computer literate, but I didnt have the textbook and couldnt go to the tutes. So the lectures were a bit hard to follow - make sure if possible that your lecture isn't in the 4-6 slot because it is SO hard to stay awake!
There are 3 exams, i think they make up about 60% of your mark then a group project worth about 40%. Make sure you get into a group with people who speak English and make sure there are lots of girls, because girls will end up doing the work.
Bottom line? I got a credit with no effort - you should be fine

lazilylost

HSC
its seems like we are thinking of doing same electives... INFS1000 and MKTG1000...

anyways I heard that if u know the basics of computer funtioning it should be relatively easy...so like yeah ...

The Thinker

"I can't get no sleep"
HSC
Well i've locked it in and there's no turning back haha........thanks guys for the feedback :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)