Is IPT your last exam? (1 Viewer)

chin0o

Awesome Member
HSC
Its my last one too! :D

But seriously, how shit is funishing at 5pm.

WTF?!

HSC
ianc said:
i noticed that not many of the high achieving students pick IPT, and the average students are attracted to it because it is easy. I think this statistic is more of a reflection of the overall candidature for IPT - i don't think it is particularly difficult to get a band 6.
Have to agree, I just about cruised through computing/IPT up to yr11, and let my results get to me. I got a reality check with my abysmal half yearly mark, so I put some effort into the trials and got 4th. I improved, but there's still a couple people in front of me who I know I should have beat.

Simply "using" a computer often won't teach you a third of what you need to know, contrary to popular belief.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Just let all you guys know that ajx is a troll account. Check his messages and you will see that he did 26 units and claimed will come first in state for everything. Don't listen to him.

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
XcarvengerX said:
Just let all you guys know that ajx is a troll account. Check his messages and you will see that he did 26 units and claimed will come first in state for everything. Don't listen to him.
you're actually listening to him in the first place? lol...

Marquis

HSC
Trampoline Man said:
Simply "using" a computer often won't teach you a third of what you need to know, contrary to popular belief.
Hehe excuse the hyperbole, true i suppose not many high-achieving students would pick it.
And is it just me or does anyone else feel like multiple choice is going to screw them up?! I'm fine with the written components just whoa, some of those m/c's!!

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
help_me_please said:
you're actually listening to him in the first place? lol...
Yah, I shouldn't even look at his posts. One of his posts caused an uproar one day in one of the exam thought topics so I thought I just warned you. I think all/most of his trolling posts have been deleted by moderators or by himself. Sorry for disturbing your discussion.;)

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
um i got one thing to say
and i did the IPT exam in yr 1 (could u even do it then)
Besides u wont get your name read out by ian ross in 3U maths bcz I will (lol), or i'll beat u up b4 you get to the 7 network
Shit
I am sorry for offending anyone
lol

jirwin

HSC
IPT is my first and last exam for 2006.

Simply knowing how to use a comptuer wont get you anywhere... i've done 5 past exams and i still don't know everything.

i never realised how boring past exams are... it took me about 6hrs to do one exam cos it was boring and i kept getting distracted.

i hope there is no data flow diagram in this years... its basically the only thing i can't do at all... i can at least get some marks if its like a spreadsheet or something.

Anyway, 4 days until the exam... at least two days of school for me so less study time and still got a lot to get through content wise. it sucks having an afternoon exam... while all the students are leaving to go home ill be 30min into the ipt exam... just not right at all.

Good luck to all

xx__savannah

HSC
IPT is my second last exam, followed by Chem the next morning. Before that I have Eco on Tue, RE Thurs morning.

IPT's gonna be the only subject I think I'll study for -- I need to do awesome in it, and it's the best chance I have at getting a high mark.

I hope the MC is actually decent for once.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
The online multiple choice thing on the board of studies site only sources its questions from 2001-2003, and many of them a quite dodgy.

But if you have a look at the 2005 multiple choice (the answers are in the marker's notes) you'll find the questions are much more reasonable and I think they're typical of the questions we will have on Thursday.

shari17

HSC
Well its the day before the IPT exam tomorrow.. and i have only studied communication systems and Information systems... so im pretty stuffed for project work, multimedia systems and the other one.. um... transaction processing systems... i am just going to have to bull crap, attempt every question as best i can and just swear at my IPT teacher for no reason at all :mad1:

Bexta12

HSC
Yes IPT is my last exam!! YAY!!
But i am soooooooooo screwed 4 it! I have had a shit teacher and he has basically taught us nothing...if u want 2 do IPT at our school u have 2 be prepared 2 teach ureself...which i have not been and thus i am absolutely screwed! I NO NOTHING!! In our trial we had a question with a word that no one had ever heard of before and we told him when he was giving them back and he was like "oh yea...thats another word for ....., i guess i forgot 2 teach it 2 u...oh well at least u no now" WORST TEACHER EVER!!! lol
And he pays no attention 2 us in class...like in my last report he said that automated manufacturing was my weakest topic, but it was actually the section that i did best in in the trial...

Bob.

HSC
IPT is pretty simple. just download someone elses notes off of here. read them so you have a gist of the terminology, then you just need to know examples of technology developments and you can pretty much just waffle through the questions.

Marquis

HSC
xx__savannah said:
IPT's gonna be the only subject I think I'll study for ... I hope the MC is actually decent for once.
LOL IPT is the only one i've barely studied for... how do you study for it!? I can't sit there and look over notes without turning homicidal, i swear! Its so BORING.
And the m/c, freaking hell where do they pitch some of those abstract ones from.
My 2cents, i think they might ask for a systems flow chart this year - they havent asked for one in previous years, i know they've asked for data dictionaries, etc...
G'luck people!

:bomb:

HSC
IPT CAN be easy.
Apparently we have to remember case studies?
Fuck that.

I would rather be ending with with IPT, instead of having to battle it out with chemistry on Friday.

Marquis

HSC
MisterPresident said:
IPT CAN be easy.
Apparently we have to remember case studies?
Fuck that.
Case studies MY ASS. You're right, fuck that.

MisterPresident said:
I would rather be ending with with IPT, instead of having to battle it out with chemistry on Friday.
Then you'd hate to be me. Legal yesterday. IPT today. Chemistry tomorrow.

:bomb:

lizzyinatizzy

HSC
omg well haha i am going to FAIL . i looked in my book this morning and i know notthing.. it just doesnt sink in it all. its so confusing :( wish i picked a humanities subject!!!! god.. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)