Is is hard to transfer from UWS? (1 Viewer)

nookie

HSC
i was getting a little worried about not being able to transfer from uws. i'm currently doing fine arts at uws, is it possible to transfer to design at cofa/unsw? if i cant i am so leaving uni, thats how desperate i am :(

HSC
I have a friend who transfered to our uni(UNSW) from UWS. He said he had D avg in UWS... so it's tough but do-able :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
was getting a little worried about not being able to transfer from uws. i'm currently doing fine arts at uws, is it possible to transfer to design at cofa/unsw? if i cant i am so leaving uni, thats how desperate i am
Design at Cofa I believe goes on a portfolio / uni marks / uai basis right? If you get good uni marks and create a good portfolio I'm sure you will manage to get in ;)

If not, perhaps transfer into Design at uws (maximum u will need is above credit average) that way you're getting credit for design, then try to transfer again in second year :D

spillargroove

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Design at Cofa I believe goes on a portfolio / uni marks / uai basis right? If you get good uni marks and create a good portfolio I'm sure you will manage to get in
It's the same process at UTS for B. Visual Communication (which is what I will be aiming for). You bring your academic transcript and whatever else needed and you go for a short interview and the teachers there look at your work and marks. A twist with Design is that there is heavy competition so it's best to do well in your work and marks.

msh

HSC
well it is hard..............
me and spillargroove got rejected from UTS design :(:(:(:(:( (i know someone from UNSW Design that also got rejected this year from uts design as well) i'm stuck with UWS design again for another year .. i'll try again next year.
but that's because B Design @ UTS has such a high reputation and popularity...... grrrrrrrrrr i really want it!!!

Last edited:

dude01

HSC
It depends on the course you're transferring from/into. It's easy to transfer from uws bus to uts or mac commerce, same goes for arts, science, engineering. Just have an above credit avg (very easy to get).

msh, the reason it's really hard for you to transfer into uts design is because it's so popular, it's not only hard for uws stdudents trying to get in, but everyone in general (people from other unis, private colleges). I have mates that were accepted into unsw design and usyd design after going college/tafe and they didn't even get an interview for uts! Why don't you try for one of those unis if u hate uws so much?

msh

HSC
dude01 said:
It depends on the course you're transferring from/into. It's easy to transfer from uws bus to uts or mac commerce, same goes for arts, science, engineering. Just have an above credit avg (very easy to get).

msh, the reason it's really hard for you to transfer into uts design is because it's so popular, it's not only hard for uws stdudents trying to get in, but everyone in general (people from other unis, private colleges). I have mates that were accepted into unsw design and usyd design after going college/tafe and they didn't even get an interview for uts! Why don't you try for one of those unis if u hate uws so much?
i actually am going to try out for UNSW as well =) but still have UTS design as no.1 goal.

dude01

HSC
It would have made sense to list unsw and usyd design under uts design in your preferences when you applied for this year? Then you wouldn't have wasted another year. At least then you would have had the choice.

Try for mid yr admission too (if design fac accepts it) usually theres less competition lol, so u have more chance of getting in.

Edit: unless your gpa sucks, then i don't see why unsw won't accept u. Maybe your goal should be to get the best possible marks, rather than trying to transfer from uws. If u get good marks, your goal of getting out of uws will follow. I don't see why uts won't accept someone that has a D avg, for example.

Last edited:

msh

HSC
dude01 said:
It would have made sense to list unsw and usyd design under uts design in your preferences when you applied for this year? Then you wouldn't have wasted another year. At least then you would have had the choice.

Try for mid yr admission too (if design fac accepts it) usually theres less competition lol, so u have more chance of getting in.

Edit: unless your gpa sucks, then i don't see why unsw won't accept u. Maybe your goal should be to get the best possible marks, rather than trying to transfer from uws. If u get good marks, your goal of getting out of uws will follow. I don't see why uts won't accept someone that has a D avg, for example.
well.. last year UTS design accepted 10 people through the non-current school leaver scheme (non uai) so... even a D average might not be good enough if you get unlucky and even better 10 ppl apply :( considering there were hundreds of applications... (I heard about 400~600 applicants for each design as a non-current entry)

what i dont like about Design @ UNSW one is that its a generalist degree, it's a bit of jack of all trades, master of none type of a degree, (also i have many many friends that transfered out of UNSW design to UTS one..some of them even got rejected.. never heard of vice versa)

USyd's Design Computing isn't even really a design degree... i dont know what it is honestly lol. it lists mathematics as an assumed knowledge, so it must be more IT/computing/programming.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Even though it's tremendously out of date...

If you want to transfer to USyd or UNSW, it is very hard. Because UWS is seen as such a poor university, often USyd or UNSW disregards applicants from UWS.
Lol. What a faggot.

Anyway, is the UWS course actually better than the UNSW/USyd course?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Of course it depends on what course you want to transfer to, you UAI and GPA you got and the competitiveness of the course you are transfering into. It is possible to transfer from UWS, the uni you go to is irrelevant, the only way it would matter is because you are at UWS you generally have a lower UAI and thus need to suppliment it with a good GPA. I transfered from UWS soc sci/Law to Macquarie arts/law with a credit average (6 c's, 1 p, 1HD) and a UAI of 90.
Good luck :)

Last edited:

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
GoodSirLancelot said:
If you want to transfer to USyd or UNSW, it is very hard. Because UWS is seen as such a poor university, often USyd or UNSW disregards applicants from UWS.
can you produce some evidence for that? lol

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
GoodSirLancelot said:
Yeah, it'd be a good idea to get out of UWS as quickly as you can.
lol... It would be a good idea to get out of Australian uni as quickly as you can. Transfer to Stanford, MIT indead of merely USYD or UNSW:rofl:

PnoidAndroid

HSC
is it hard?

my situation:

2005 UAI: 80.85
2006: Semester 1: UWS B Business (Accounting)
2006: Semester 2: UWS B Business (Accounting)/ B Laws - internal transfer, get a GPA of 5 or above.

2007: UTS B Business (Accounting)/ B Laws

i know 3 other people who came from uws bus law to uts bus law in my class.

theres always hope, even with a 80 UAI.

edit: ALL CSP

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
im not sure whether UTS calculates half UAI and half GPA or just your first year tertiary results....if its the former, then you could always say goodbye to getting a spot at uts business/laws
maybe the 3 other people has a higher UAI than you, which may be the reason why they got in.
You have to email the law people though...they should know what the minimum requirements are for a transfer.

Muchi

HSC
Hey! If there are any students who have transferred from visual communications at UWS to the undergraduate degree at UTS could you please tell us of your experience?Also what you did to get there! It would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

Muchi

HSC
Hey! If there are any students who have transferred from visual communications at UWS to the undergraduate degree at UTS could you please tell us of your experience?Also what you did to get there! It would be much appreciated!

Stephalicious19

HSC
I'm just curious to hear from anyone one that applied for a transfer but was denied?

I haven't actually done my HSC yet but I'm interested in this avenue to get into the course I want.
nutrition at usyd...2008 uai was 93.85
but for uws its only 60
so if I can't get a 93.85 well I hoping transferring will be the way to get what I want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)