Is 'isomer' in the syllabus? (1 Viewer)

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Do we need to learn about isomers?
I've noticed that there were types of questions about isomers appeared in past paper, but I couldn't find it in syllabus anyway and it has become a concern that I havent come across about these sort of questions

So is it in the syllabus O_O

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey many thanks!
Btw do they ask prelim stuff in HSC?
I thought it was all about yr 12?

search the yr 11 chem syllabus.... isomers might be in yr 11 chem syllabus...... after all, yr11 chem is assumed knowledge for yr12

plus... i'd suspect isomer's in yr12 chem as well.... especially in the organic chemistry section of production of materials

EDIT: Nope... i'm wrong.... check "chemical monitoring and management"....... some dot points in the section about the atmosphere.

EDIT 2: Just these two dotpoints:

identify and name examples of isomers (excluding geometrical and optical) of haloalkanes up to eight carbon atoms

and
gather, process and present information from secondary sources including simulations, molecular model kits or pictorial representations to model isomers of haloalkanes

Anicca

HSC
Uni Grad
The concepts, no .... but ... it makes life much much easier if you understood how to do all the calculations (e.g. molarity), recognise immediately the formulae for various substances, etc.

Well, it was for me :tongue:

bogert

HSC
Sometimes we can face many questions that are out of syllabus.So we should be ready for such type of circumstances. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)