Is it a bad idea to use a poem as related material if you're doing Coleridge already? (1 Viewer)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I'm in the same boat as you are, we've currently got an assesment where we collect 4 other related texts, and yes I did choose a poem (Wordsworth's- I wandered lonely as a cloud) - teacher said as long as you're able to make insightful connections, then why not?

yuriblossom

HSC
N/A
Hi.
Say for example, write about 2 of Coleridge's poems, one of Byron's poems and some other text. Would that be okay? Thanks.

HSC
Re: Is it a bad idea to use a poem as related material if you're doing Coleridge alre

yeah its ok to do that, but markers *do* like a variety of texts...

lionking1191

HSC
Re: Is it a bad idea to use a poem as related material if you're doing Coleridge alre

short answer, no.

of course, you COULD do it. no ones says you aren't ALLOWED. but teachers will tell you they won't recommend it. its like saying 'you don't have to study.'..

english teachers are awfully fussy about variety. nothing pleases them better than reading about camera angles, fragmented shots, non-diegetic music and ever-so-ingenious compilations of mise-en-scenes after a page or so of dead boring poetry. ;)

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC

Hmm. That changes my plan on the assessment a bit. You guys got a point about a variety of texts. Thanks =D

cschmitt1

HSC
Hey, My English Teacher doesn't want us to use another poem, but wants us to gather a variety of text types. Depends if your teacher will allow it or not, but i say it's better getting a variety of different text, broaden your horizen you know

dibdib69

HSC
hey guyz,

i reckon u shouldnt use another poem. Im also doin Coleridge's poem, ' Frost at Midnight' the only trouble I have though is tryin to link it to another text that has explores a similar imaginative journey or represents a similar idea. GOT ANY IDEAS??
anywayz, i reckon try and use a variety of texts it shows teachers that your capable of analysing them..

Goodluck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)