Is it a good idea to do both maths 4u & ee2? (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
If you're capable, yes.

Keep in mind that the workload is going to be extreme, so make sure you're brilliant in both maths and english and love each subject to death before you try 4-unit maths and EE2.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
RazorSpoon said:
Is it a good idea to do both maths 4u & ee2?
You can choose do both and see how you cope for a little while. If you're doing well in both with no problem then keep them and if you not doing so well say in ee2 then drop and just keep three units of english & 4u of math.

My friend had chosen both 4u math and english, but it was too much so she dropped to 3u math. I suggest that you should do 3u of one subject and 4 of the other. 4u Math is unbelievably time consuming and fucking hard. With ee2 if you procrastinate, you're going to have a lot of trouble catching up. But if you do 3u of one subject and 4 of the other, you'll be able to give a bit more time to the 4 unit subject.

Basically if you want to try out both, then do so but make sure you make them your 11th and 12th units as you won't be able to drop them otherwise. If you do both 4 unit subjects, the main problem you'd have is giving each subject an equal amount of time. With math, if you miss out on one night of hw you're behind and with english if you procrastinate, your work wont turn out like you want.

Good luck! :)

HSC
if you're capable and genuinely interested in doing the subjects then yes. if you're doing it just for the scaling or some other reason then no. it's hard work though, the only person i knew who did both 4u english and maths didn't do it all at the same time, she accelerated in english.

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC
Even if you do only try both, you'll have to do about 11-12 units, even more in case you want to drop.
During this time you will also have to keep up with all your other subjects in case you do drop any ext 2.
If you can manage, do it.
I wish you the best of luck.
Take care. :wave:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
misbahf said:
Even if you do only try both, you'll have to do about 11-12 units, even more in case you want to drop.
During this time you will also have to keep up with all your other subjects in case you do drop any ext 2.
If you can manage, do it.
I wish you the best of luck.
Take care. :wave:
No more then 12 is really neccessary - 13 at most. If you do 12 units, Ext 2 math and english should be your 11th and 12th unit so if you drop both of those subjects you'd be left with 10 units, and if you drop from only one of those subjects, you'd be left with 11 units. It would be a huge mistake doing 14 units in year 12 considering they only count your best 10 units. Managing and doing well in all your subjects can be hard sometimes with just 10 units, can you imagine 14 units? Pfft....

Try both, see how you go and then make up your mind. :)

cccclaire

HSC
my english teacher wanted me to do both.
But I'm like nah.
Mostly because I don't enjoy english, but also because it would involve dropping one of my other subjects, and I love my non-maths/english subjects.

But as heaps of people have said, if you think you're capable of doing it then go for it.

ssglain

HSC
watatank said:
if you're capable and genuinely interested in doing the subjects then yes. if you're doing it just for the scaling or some other reason then no.
I agree with that. Capacity and passion are both essential. I never enjoyed study English as a subject, but my marks led my English teachers to strongly recommend that I try EE2. I realised after a term that I had no passion for it. I've since ditched EE1 as well because my other subjects are solid enough to get me the UAI I need and I'd rather not waste time doing things I don't enjoy.

By all means, give them both a go and then decide. You can't make a judgement before you've actually tried for yourself.

woho

HSC
There are two guys in my school that did both. They both are heaps good at 4u maths and fell way behind in 4u english. I dont know about 4u english (only do 3unit lol) but 4u maths is so much work that you need to have the passion that these other guys are talking about. Otherwise you will just get frustrated and fall behind- in like a second.

Note that some schools also make you sit the 2unit paper for most of the year in maths; meaning extra work.

If you do both, you have to be really motivated to work! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)