• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is it a good practice to plunder other cultures for Mod C? (1 Viewer)

SecretSpectre

HSC
I have seen a zillion mod c's written, hilariously about being a refugee of the Vietnam War, none of which are written by Vietnamese people. Is this common? I personally am deeply uncomfortable with something like this.

p.s. don't Vietnamese people refer to it as the American War anyway?

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
I have seen a zillion mod c's written, hilariously about being a refugee of the Vietnam War, none of which are written by Vietnamese people. Is this common? I personally am deeply uncomfortable with something like this.

do you need to have been a confederate soldier to write a story about the civil war?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC

if that's the case then with your logic i shouldn't have set my mod c from the perspective of a german at the berlin wall in the 1960s, seeing i am neither german nor a person who was alive in the 1960s

idkkdi

HSC
if that's the case then with your logic i shouldn't have set my mod c from the perspective of a german at the berlin wall in the 1960s, seeing i am neither german nor a person who was alive in the 1960s
damn that's a smart idea

well it is 'creative' writing ahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)