• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it advisable to have Lectures immediately after each other? (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
haha, my tuesday starts at 11 with two tutes and a lec til 5, one hour off then another tute 6-8
thursdays are also long days, start at 9 finish at 6, but i have 2 hrs free (two one hour breaks), so its ok, bit of a break at least

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
yeah having one big day has its advantages means im only at uni for 3 days a week and never two days in a row :) for semester 1 anyway

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I finalised my timetable too. On Wednesdays I have classes from 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. straight:D!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
If you have a break between every lecture you will be spending a lot of unecessary time at UNI!
Hey! That's the best part of uni...bumming around at the bar or having long coffee breaks.

Personally I'm different from everyone cos I like having gaps between everything...and I'm REALLY gonna need a break after propery law and constitutional law lectures...yikes.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
I finalised my timetable too. On Wednesdays I have classes from 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. straight:D!
By the way, if anyone is interested in downloading my attachment, it is actually an excel file but I had to change it to a .doc file because .xls files cannot be uploaded. So when you click on it, a "convert File box should pop up and when it does, click on Convert File From: "Microsoft Excel Worksheet" (it is the seventh option down) and it should work:).

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by sunny
Usually not....but if there are distruptions from people they might get angry..varies from lecturer to lecturer.
We had a nazi accounting lecturer last year...he'd come up to ppl and kick them out of the lecture if they were talking

also, other lecturers tend to lock all the doors after about 10 mins so no one can come in if they are late

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
We had a nazi accounting lecturer last year...he'd come up to ppl and kick them out of the lecture if they were talking

also, other lecturers tend to lock all the doors after about 10 mins so no one can come in if they are late
I think I've heard about that lecturer...

I had one in maths 1B getting very annoyed at late people, cause when they come into CLB7 the doors are loud, one time he just got pissed at people talking; pointed at the back of the room, and said

"the asian fella with the black hair get out!!!!"

I swear everyone could've walked out.

But then there was one that used to go "mmm yes the trains were late" when people walked in.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I find lecturers only really care when a group of people stroll in like 15 mins late chatting with their friends, then just stand around stressing about how there aren't enough seats for their little girlie pack to sit together. Or when heaps of people keep coming in late in dribs and drabs for like 20 mins straight.
Unless you've got a real arsehole for a lecturer, if you just quietly slink in and sit down quickly then no one will care.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
kentwell, how about you just piss off! noone cares whether you think their threads are 'lame' or not

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
i like having gaps in my timetable (except i have tried to keep one whole day free each semester). i can't work at home so the gaps give me a time where i can revise the lecture i just had or just generally study

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i would wanna cram all my lectures into fewer days as possible- so i can get days off. :D

i don't know if i can get days off though- coz i heard with my course i shuld b expecting around 25 contact hours. :mad1:

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Until yesterday, my Tuesday was non-stop from 11am to 8pm. I didn't think I could handle it, so I gave myself a two hour break in the middle. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)