Is it easier to transfer internally or through another uni (1 Viewer)

Gangstar1

HSC
hey guys,

I'm kinda noob at this but i was thinking about doing commerce at macquaire or uws (lol whatever) and then transferring to unsw but a few peeps of mine say its easier to do an arts course or something and then transfer to commerce at unsw is this true?

Thanks in advance

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
internal transfer is MUCH easier at UNSW. take up an arts degree, do SUPER EASY courses so you will get good marks. you only need 75 WAM overall to transfer at the end of the year.

Gangstar1

HSC
internal transfer is MUCH easier at UNSW. take up an arts degree, do SUPER EASY courses so you will get good marks. you only need 75 WAM overall to transfer at the end of the year.
oh really? thanks a bunch man +rep but just asking how much harder will it be if i chose another uni?

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
oh really? thanks a bunch man +rep but just asking how much harder will it be if i chose another uni?
not sure about the actual process with an external transfer, but with arts at UNSW you can still pick up the commerce courses (since arts has a commerce-related major i think) and do really well in them, and once you transfer to commerce you won't have to spend an extra year doing the courses you would've missed out on.

Gangstar1

HSC

ahhh thanks man

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Look, each uni has different ways of doing things. It's obviously easier to transfer internally and just have the same sort of thing instead of having inter-university red tape.

Gangstar1

HSC
thanks shadow dude but if i do commerce at macq and transfer for example i wont have to catch up right?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
But you have all those weird interlaps of studies. "What Macquarie units equals what UNSW unit?" That's why just go to UNSW and take the unit itself and transfer and it's easier.

I know a person who did an accounting subject in Queensland at university, he came to UNSW and it wasn't recognised - he had to re-do accounting. But he got like 97, so it was fine for him! Just a waste of six months on his part.

Gangstar1

HSC
But you have all those weird interlaps of studies. "What Macquarie units equals what UNSW unit?" That's why just go to UNSW and take the unit itself and transfer and it's easier.

I know a person who did an accounting subject in Queensland at university, he came to UNSW and it wasn't recognised - he had to re-do accounting. But he got like 97, so it was fine for him! Just a waste of six months on his part.
ah i c

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
I've got this problem too with transferring from UTS Business to UNSW commerce, but i looked at the course outlines for the core and they are almost identical so credit transfers shouldnt be too much of a problem. But yeah i really dont wannt do arts either and since people generally tend to do things in which they are interested in, im sorta leaning to business at UTS instead of Arts UNSW.

Maybe all the preferrentials are internals and if theres any leftover they go for external transfers?

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
you'll probably just cbb and stay at uts rofl
haha, i want to transfer to comm/law at unsw but it will most likely end up just being the transfer to comm at unsw if I'm lucky then post grad law.

But the amount of work needed to be put in doesn't phase me, and i really wanna go unsw anyway, not for the prestige or any of that crap, I've always wanted to go there since i was younger and so I'm going to do it.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)