Is it easy to transform (transfer) a course? (1 Viewer)

skwan

HSC
N/A
Is it easy to (transfer)a course at the university of Sydney?
What formulalities must I go through if I need to transfer my course?
note: courses are of the same faculty and I am a freshman, I would like to transform it as soon as I arrived there.
I would like to transfer from International Studies to Commerce.
Thanks

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Re: Is it easy to transform a course?

I think you mean "transfer" rather than transform :p

With USYD, to transfer from one course to another (even if they're in the same faculty...unless it's combined law you're talking about) you have to apply through UAC

what courses are you talking about?

jpr333

HSC

Maybe if your course is more than meets the eye!

Had to be said.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

I think Sarah is right - do you mean transfer?

If you want a transfer it has to be done no later than after your first year. All applications have to go through the University Admissions Centre (UAC) and more details can be found at these links:
http://www.uac.edu.au/mya/apply/faqoffers.html#offers4
http://blogs.usyd.edu.au/sydneylife/2005/12/so_now_that_im_in_how_do_i_cha.html#more
http://www.usyd.edu.au/fstudent/undergrad/apply/inm/credit.shtml

Remember, transferring is based on half UAI and half first year marks - so if you are intending on transferring into a course that had a higher UAI cut-off, you'll need good first year marks (usually a Distinction average and above) to transfer.

Hope this helps.

skwan

HSC
N/A
Sorry, "Transfer" is exactly what I mean.
What if I would like to transfer before I enrolled in the University?
Is that possible?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
well, the offer you get is the offer you get. If you want something else, make sure you enter your preferences right!

once u get the offer (im disregarding the mumbo jumbo about late rounds etc), you accept and you are officially in.

If you want something else, you have to transfer through UAC by getting good mks and a decent UAI (assuming the degree you want to transfer into has a higher cut off)

skwan

HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
well, the offer you get is the offer you get. If you want something else, make sure you enter your preferences right!

once u get the offer (im disregarding the mumbo jumbo about late rounds etc), you accept and you are officially in.

If you want something else, you have to transfer through UAC by getting good mks and a decent UAI (assuming the degree you want to transfer into has a higher cut off)
By now, I did;t accept the offer. And I am a International student , so I got no UAI achievement or that sort of things, but I aware that the UAI cut off of B internatiaonal studies is higher than the one I want to transfer to.

Can I directly contact the admission office and beg for a transfer? If it's too complicated I would give it up.

Last edited:

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC

ujuphleg said:
If you want a transfer it has to be done no later than after your first year.
I thought this was only true for Law?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
skwan said:
By now, I did;t accept the offer. And I am a International student , so I got no UAI achievement or that sort of things, but I aware that the UAI cut off of B internatiaonal studies is higher than the one I want to transfer to.

Can I directly contact the admission office and beg for a transfer? If it's too complicated I would give it up.
I'm sorry but I'm no expert of international student matters. I say, call up the faculty office or the student information centre and I'm sure they will answer all your questions.

perhaps even contact the international students centre (something like that). They will handle your queries. Check around the main usyd website for contact details of these places.

HSC
I did a search on the UAC site for courses offered by USYD to transfer and they were all DEFEE...does that mean the only courses I can transfer into are full fee? :| ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)