• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is it ever too late? (1 Viewer)

Gunner4lyfe

HSC
ahh nice, using physics aye "momentum" lol

Yep, study hard, I'm starting my acceleration tomorrow, first day of the holidays = first day of hardcore study!
lol please for my sake take a break once every 3 hours or so.

muscleman09

HSC
standard english?
Your doomed...doomed....doomed etc etc etc

why am i doomed? Im not aiming for 98+ UAI... and also... 98+ is still obtainable with Stnd English... dont fall into the group of sheep who all believe standard english is crap... its not... and probably my best subject.. well it is... but still

my cousin got 97.75 UAI... she did... stnd english, 2 unit maths... biology.. ecos.. anceint... and re...

tku336

HSC
if you do well in standard english it can still scale to above 90 i think. which is fairly respectable.

muscleman09

HSC
if you do well in standard english it can still scale to above 90 i think. which is fairly respectable.

my english teacher keeps telling me band 6 for stnd is impossible

im gonna prove her wrong

spannah08

HSC
Hey guys... just wanted to know (there are probably people in my position too) is it ever too late to start and go well?

So far, my results have been say " just above average".. but my rankings for my subjects are all in the 2nd and 3rd quartiles and 1 in the 1st for one subject... Standard English (2/72)

Ive got my half yearlies coming up, and im going to be studying my ass off... i will make sure that i am in the 1st and 2nd quartile only for each subject... but... like... my daily study during the normal term is quite horrible, and wanted to know, will that have any impact on me come HSC.

My daily study for each subject for terms 1 and 2 have been disgusting. thats the only way i can put it... i do my h/w and study hard for assessments... but.. i feel like im going to fail somehow because compared to other students at my school ( all studying everyday without fail) i feel hopeless.

Do you guys believe that with the 6 months or so we have till HSC, that its possible to still go well with consistent study everyday? Cause basically the point of study, is to prevent cramming... and cramming is something which has not been a friend of mine before... thanks for reading da post :)

GUYS PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS AS BRAGGING IM SERIOUS ABOUT IT! I dont know if its just my attitude but i really am really starting to feel the pressure of the HSC... please dont take the OP as me bragging ty...
i did the hsc last yr and didnt worry and stress. i did simular subjects with economics, SOR and english standard.
it really isnt too late until the trials. by now ur assessments are starting to be of hifher weighting nad thats the important part when it comes to rank. i was 8/60 in english bomb in one assessment and fell to 55/60 all because it was worth 20%. however i made it back up to 15/60 with my trial. so it isnt too late.
if u get in now, u wont have the problems i had. in saying that i'm now at uni doing the course i wanted!:)

muscleman09

HSC
i did the hsc last yr and didnt worry and stress. i did simular subjects with economics, SOR and english standard.
it really isnt too late until the trials. by now ur assessments are starting to be of hifher weighting nad thats the important part when it comes to rank. i was 8/60 in english bomb in one assessment and fell to 55/60 all because it was worth 20%. however i made it back up to 15/60 with my trial. so it isnt too late.
if u get in now, u wont have the problems i had. in saying that i'm now at uni doing the course i wanted!:)
ahh good for u man thats cool :)

yeh.. just i always thought it was too late from the begining

HSC
band 6 in standard english is possible its just very rare, one of my tutors told me about this girl who achieved 91 in english, she went tutoring with the advanced english students and worked really hard

i think 6 months is still enough time to pull yourself together and achieve the best you can, just work harder + improve your ranks. Try your best in all your subjects

Venom.

HSC
Dude it is never too late, until after the trial. If you fuck up the trial and all assessments, and your rank is in the bottom 5, the 90+ is not possible.

Even then, it depends on your school. If you're going to a top 10 high school, even if you're ranked close to last, you may get a 70+ hsc mark for the subject.

An example -

A guy I know was ranked bottom 5 in every subject at my school (rank:40ish) prior to the hsc itself. He ended up with a 75 UAI, which is not too bad considering how poorly he was ranked.
So its never too late.

tku336

HSC
and at grammar, one guy last year i know came 124th in english with 68% raw in the internal, and he ended up on 92 overall for that subject.

muscleman09

HSC
and at grammar, one guy last year i know came 124th in english with 68% raw in the internal, and he ended up on 92 overall for that subject.
wow big difference.. pretty impressive i guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)