Is it hard making friends at uni? (1 Viewer)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Because there aren't any lunchtimes or recesses and stuff....
I'm scared :uhoh:.

inter108

HSC
Highly doubt that.

People will be more open i'm guessing.

So probably easier.

one8two

HSC
Hey, if worst comes to worst and you have no friends, just go befriend some clubbing dropkicks.
you'll have no friends at uni, but hey, atleast you can talk to someone outside of it :)

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
It's really easy to make friends at uni. Really, really easy. You will meet heaps of people. Chances are you'll just click with some of them. If you aren't very social it may take more than the first week, but I find it difficult to beleive anyone could go more than a few weeks without making any friends.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Step 1: Go to lectures
Step 2: Talk to people
Step 3: Go to unibar with them (even if you dont drink)

And there you have it folks, making friends at uni! The hard part is avoiding people you dislike. There will definitely be people you don't like.

Dota55

HSC
Wouldn't it be easier considering the large size of unis relative to schools?

one8two

HSC
Dota55 said:
Wouldn't it be easier considering the large size of unis relative to schools?
schools often partake in many orientation activities to get kids together, whilst with uni, we are seen as mature enough to do it ourselves.
the difference is whether it is being done for us or not.
yes. more people. but. we have to do the job.

chamelia

HSC
It would be harder to not make friends. Its unavoidable. The whole uni day is like one big lunch. In fact, really you just turn up to class to mark you name off then head to the bar. :nod:

You will have group assignments. You will have to sit next to people in class. Usually the people who you just coincidentally have more classes with or randomly bump into each other you will become friends with.

Nothing at all to be scared of. Just remember you are all doing the same degree so therefore must have some interests in common - more so than with your high school friends.

And although it's a different social climate to HS - there are still cliques, so if you feel its important to hand out with a certain 'group' - associate yourself early on. The longer you leave it to get to know people the harder it will be.

one8two

HSC
chamelia said:
It would be harder to not make friends. Its unavoidable. The whole uni day is like one big lunch. In fact, really you just turn up to class to mark you name off then head to the bar. :nod:

You will have group assignments. You will have to sit next to people in class. Usually the people who you just coincidentally have more classes with or randomly bump into each other you will become friends with.

Nothing at all to be scared of. Just remember you are all doing the same degree so therefore must have some interests in common - more so than with your high school friends.

And although it's a different social climate to HS - there are still cliques, so if you feel its important to hand out with a certain 'group' - associate yourself early on. The longer you leave it to get to know people the harder it will be.

also do not be afraid to ask anyone for help- which will often bond friendships.
remember that for most uni's you need a ENTER score to get in, meaning that everyone has to have a certain amount of knowledge, and in many cases, will have some of the issues that you will have.
god. i have no idea if that made sence. it did in my head.

tem197

SLUR DESTRUCTIVE
HSC
omg if you had to start a thread asking about how easy it is to make friends at uni then im guessing you lack basic social skills, so for you its going to be hard.

one8two

HSC
tem197 said:
omg if you had to start a thread asking about how easy it is to make friends at uni then im guessing you lack basic social skills, so for you its going to be hard.

and for someone to post such a pointless and obnoxious post suggests that you're too much of a dickhead to have friends in real life, even if you wanted them.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
^^
be an extrovert. Got it.

zimmerman8k said:
Yes. Very hard.

People are generally unwilling to talk to people they don't know.

My advice is keep to yourself and play it cool.

If you do this long enough someone might notice how cool you are and invite you to join their circle.
I'm an aspie so that comes naturally anyway.:)

tem197

SLUR DESTRUCTIVE
HSC
one8two said:
and for someone to post such a pointless and obnoxious post suggests that you're too much of a dickhead to have friends in real life, even if you wanted them.
hahah you sound like a loser.
maybe if you spent more time living real life instead of talking to all your e-friends you wouldnt be so wound up?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
tem197 said:
k man. I guess I'll just stick to my books then. :read:.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Riet said:
Step 1: Go to lectures
Step 2: Talk to people
Step 3: Go to unibar with them (even if you dont drink)

And there you have it folks, making friends at uni! The hard part is avoiding people you dislike. There will definitely be people you don't like.
qft

one8two

HSC
tem197 said:
hahah you sound like a loser.
maybe if you spent more time living real life instead of talking to all your e-friends you wouldnt be so wound up?
oh beleive me, I have a real life. The chance to tell an idiot such as yourself, well, how pathetic you sound, was too great a chance to give up.

but ofcourse, that is the 'loser' in myself coming out *rolls eyes*

Miffstaa

HSC
im a westy and apparently going to syd uni would mean that i would have to buy a whole wardrobe of lacoste and ralph lauren.
true or false?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)