Is it hard to get a high ATAR with my subjects? (1 Viewer)

dinomyte

HSC
Hi :)
When I was choosing my subjects, I didn't really choose them with scaling in mind. I'm aiming for a 99.65 or 99.7 so I can do Law. I know it's possible to get any ATAR with any subject combination but I would like to know how hard it's going to be, and I'm getting worried because I don't have a science anymore (dropped Physics)

I do:
Maths Ext 2
Eng Adv
Eng Ext 1
Japanese Continuers
Modern History

Thanks in advance :)

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
Although you don't do physics, all your subjects scale well anyway. So just ace them and get band 6 in all of them and you'll know that 99.65-99.7 is on your plate.

gwilymprice

HSC
If you're confident with the subjects you choose, and can be in the top group of people in each subject, you definitely can achieve that with your subjects as they are good scaling subjects, but achieving an ATAR that high with any subject combination requires hard work and dedication in my opinion. So it is very doable with your subjects, but it is hard work regardless of the subject choice! Good luck :)

enoilgam

HSC
Although you don't do physics, all your subjects scale well anyway. So just ace them and get band 6 in all of them and you'll know that 99.65-99.7 is on your plate.
Pretty much this, your subjects have sufficient scaling power even without science.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
You don't need science to do well in the HSC.

Aim for high band 6 in all your subs and you should be able to get 99.65/99.7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)